Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

The Airbus Curse

I've just been checking out the Aerosoft Airbus X support forum. It really does appear that this product is a bit of a dog's dinner. I'm really sad, as I'd been looking forward to buying it, once the inevitable initial glitches had been sorted, but from what I've been reading it's getting worse, not better. I'm not talking about the presence, or otherwise, of certain features like SIDS and STARS. I'm referring to basic handling, pitch and power management, and stability. It seems to be falling a long way short for many customers. I wish Aerosoft all the best with it, and I'm hoping a load of people will pipe up and tell me it's working great for them, but from the volume of complaints and queries it's looking like the FS Airbus curse has struck again.And btw, what happened to that Wilco update that was mentioned here on AVSIM a while back? Now might be a good time.. Ian

Not sure what wilco has up there sleeves? hehe hopefully its good, for the people that own the wilco airbus. it seems the airbus x has had a few problems the new update and has lowered frame rates. it will certainly affect the performance of the plane when they add more stuff into it hopefully it gets all sorted out. biggest problem with airbus is the fact that they are so complicated with the many automated systems which is hard to reproduce in flight simulator.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I've just been checking out the Aerosoft Airbus X support forum. It really does appear that this product is a bit of a dog's dinner. I'm really sad, as I'd been looking forward to buying it, once the inevitable initial glitches had been sorted, but from what I've been reading it's getting worse, not better. Ian
I'd say, give it some time. It is pretty darn good already and I'm hopeful that the remaining issues will be addressed.

Bert

I seldom go out of my way to be critical of products and tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. But Aerosoft's Airbus X is one of the few addons I really wish I could have my money back for. It is very nice looking, and can be flown after a fashion, but way too many problems for a major developer's release. Runwaway speed on descent is just one of them; the throttle wants to keep the engines revved up. I hope they continue improving.

I does seem like when they fix one problem, they create another problem.Overspeed is almost impossible to avoid unless you descend with full spoilers. If FBW is on (AP off), the aircraft handles like the Goodyear blimp. If you use the workaround to switch FBW off, it handles like a F-16.The spoilers worked fine in 1.11 for me - better than most aircraft. I have a Saitek TQ and I use the button below the axis for arming the spoilers. In 1.20, this not longer works. And yes, 1.2 is slightly harder on FPS but it isn't the doomsday scenario that people are making it out to be on the forums. I know Aerosoft is trying to accommodate their customers with improvements but people requested a higher refresh rate with the displays. When they gave them a higher refresh rate, FPS dropped.When they released 1.2 some people had problems with 1.11 not being completely uninstalled. Perhaps they should have worked on the uninstaller? It seems like it should have taken care of the removal of the product without manual intervention.Overall, I do like the aircraft but they need to get this one working properly and they need to get the livery installation straight. They need to tune out the requests for an advanced model for the time being. I believe they have a ton of repaints that they have not released yet. As for the ones that were included, some of the paints were sloppy and had to be corrected by the community. I also think it is a little embarrassing that a European developer didn't know the proper call sign for British Airways (yes, they used "British Airways").

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

They need to tune out the requests for an advanced model for the time being.
My opinion is they should have gone the route of going for a full blown advanced simulation from the start. That what PMDG do every time and I can't see their sales going through the floor as a result.The approach that Aerosoft have taken has alienated a lot of potential customers, and as a result of their inability to get what appears to be a light simulation working correctly I doubt people will be lining up to buy an advanced copy of the Airbus on release day.Mind you, if they can't get this working correctly then I shudder to think how a full blown simulation would have worked.Bryan.

My opinion is they should have gone the route of going for a full blown advanced simulation from the start. That what PMDG do every time and I can't see their sales going through the floor as a result.
That's because its PMDG you mention and they know how to make great addons. AirSimmer tried what you suggested but they that's a very different story: they tried to do a PMDG-esque simulation and they not only went through the floor, they fell so hard they pretty much drilled a hole to China.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

biggest problem with airbus is the fact that they are so complicated with the many automated systems which is hard to reproduce in flight simulator.
But it's basic flight problems that the Airbus X seems to be suffering from. I seem to remember the PSS A320 flew like it was on rails, with a good representation of Airbus autotrim, and you could fly it manually very smoothly. The Wilco job is pretty good too in that respect. I just wonder why many people can't even get the Aerosoft bird to behave at all. Is it THAT difficult? I could easily live with simplified systems in such a good-looking product, if only the aircraft itself was flyable. Many are saying it isn't.I'm enjoying the QW 757 at present, which I got instead, but it was the 'bus I was really after. Ian

But it's basic flight problems that the Airbus X seems to be suffering from. I seem to remember the PSS A320 flew like it was on rails, with a good representation of Airbus autotrim, and you could fly it manually very smoothly. The Wilco job is pretty good too in that respect. I just wonder why many people can't even get the Aerosoft bird to behave at all. Is it THAT difficult? I could easily live with simplified systems in such a good-looking product, if only the aircraft itself was flyable. Many are saying it isn't.I'm enjoying the QW 757 at present, which I got instead, but it was the 'bus I was really after. Ian
Hi Ian, yes that's true I dont own the airbus x yet so I'm keeping a close eye on the development. patches, updates, but the fact that it has basic flight problem's kinda sucks. this is so far from what I have read on the forum's from people that own it. The hardcore stuff is cool but I stick with more of the simplified systems glade your enjoying the QW757 its a fun package. hopefully the airbus x gets better.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

This is a strange add on and I am having trouble putting my experience with it in to words. It definitely looks and sounds great - no problems in that department. I have had less problems with it than most people. Aside from the quirky climb and descent issues, the throttles worked well from day one. I also have not had problems with crashes.It just seems like they chose to pursue the most complicated aspects of an Airbus (FBW) and they sacrificed the the FDE and navigation. At the very least, it seems like you should be able to disconnect the AP and actually fly the aircraft. I don't care about SIDS and STARS or altitude restrictions. These don't work with the default ATC so I don't use them. The problem is the product has no approach data - not from the default GPS or STARS. To me, that seems like the worst combination of features.An analogy would be a auto manufacturer sets out to create a car that is fast and has great gas mileage. The realize that they can't have both and end up producing a car with a top speed 30MPH that gets 10MPG. I just seems like in their quest to produce a product that would moderately satisfy everyone, they ended up with something that satisfies no one. QW was able to pull it off but perhaps a hybrid product is not possible with an Airbus.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Guest veeray
If you fly it like a Boeing yes it's totally unflyable...

If you fly it like a Boeing yes it's totally unflyable...
What do you mean? You should be able to fly an Airbus manually just like a Boeing - control inputs, pitch and power. The basics don't change, despite autotrim and FBW.Ian

What do you mean? You should be able to fly an Airbus manually just like a Boeing - control inputs, pitch and power. The basics don't change, despite autotrim and FBW.Ian
I agree. They should have concentrated on making the aircraft flyable by hand fist. It seems like hand flying was an afterthought with this product. Sully would have ended up in Central Park if he was flying the Airbus X.

Sully would have ended up in Central Park if he was flying the Airbus X.
Sully was flying a 320 :(

Jay

Sully was flying a 320 :(
:( ?