Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeInCT

MS Flight Development Team Please Post Here

Guest JoeInCT

During the development of the previous version of the MS flight simulator product, members of the development team read and posted in various forums on this website. I am very curious as to whether you are reading various posts on these forums now, and/or are allowed to comment.If you can, would you kindly reply to this topic and give us any information or even a simple introduction?Thanks in advance!

And they were mostly treated like dirt, posted on their own time, and would guess that the policy has now changed at MS.

I though this was for MS Flight Development Team only ? lol....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

And most of us who posted before are no longer on the team :->Tim

And most of us who posted before are no longer on the team :->Tim
You are a former ACES member?

Brandon Filer

Please post here!.Calling occupants of interplanetary craft.MS Development team! we are listening on all frequencies for a signal from you.Come in peace and understanding.Bring us your knowledge and wisdomTeach all the peoples of Earththe ways and mysteries of Sim.that we may fly with the angels And dance among the stars.Stutter free of course.JUST JOKING.AndyAlien.gif

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Why would they post here, if they want to get something out they will use IGN or Gamespot, thats where the majority of the players that will buy this game is.

You are a former ACES member?
Yes, Tim "Beatle" Gregson was the simconnect guru at ACES and has been very active on Avsim. He also continued improving Simconnect long after SP2/Acceleration were released. His newest simconnect client is used in Plan-G, the freeware flightplanner and makes life so much easier if you want Plan-G to run on another computer on your network. (thanks Tim :( ) Tim now works for Lockheed Martin.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guest freebird77
And they were mostly treated like dirt, posted on their own time, and would guess that the policy has now changed at MS.
Unfortunately true, alot of talented sim people dont post here anymore.

I don't agree. The release of FSX was a fiasco. Not to raise old spectres Promises for DX10 integration were broken, performance prior to two service packs was abysmal, the focus on substantive enhancements was lacking, and in the end the community was, and still is split, between FS9 and FSX. The end result was that the Aces team admitted that the engine was archaic and when the glossy 'feel good' rhetoric about 'whining' was quashed those to begged to differ were vindicated just before the Aces team was released by Microsoft. A great section of the community was extremely dissapThe response to the FSX fiasco was relatively sedate compared to many other developers and hardware manufactures that have gotten trashed on forums without the rules of civility enforced here at Avsim. Absolutely there were those who couldn't control their tempers and they were summarily dealth with by Avsim. But were the Aces team "mostly treated like dirt", I don't believe so. They were most certianly held accountable. Their feet were held to the fire and pressure was kept up to fix the product. This should be appreciated by any developer. Remember, anger is not your enemy, it means that your customers still care. It's apathy that must be feared because it means that your customers no longer care and they won't be back.The way I see it as long as the "Flight" team doesn't post any magic screenies or build a product that can't be used until 2020 they have nothing to fear! :-)

Guest freebird77
I don't agree. The release of FSX was a fiasco. Not to raise old spectres Promises for DX10 integration were broken, performance prior to two service packs was abysmal, the focus on substantive enhancements was lacking, and in the end the community was, and still is split, between FS9 and FSX. The end result was that the Aces team admitted that the engine was archaic and when the glossy 'feel good' rhetoric about 'whining' was quashed those to begged to differ were vindicated just before the Aces team was released by Microsoft. A great section of the community was extremely dissapThe response to the FSX fiasco was relatively sedate compared to many other developers and hardware manufactures that have gotten trashed on forums without the rules of civility enforced here at Avsim. Absolutely there were those who couldn't control their tempers and they were summarily dealth with by Avsim. But were the Aces team "mostly treated like dirt", I don't believe so. They were most certianly held accountable. Their feet were held to the fire and pressure was kept up to fix the product. This should be appreciated by any developer. Remember, anger is not your enemy, it means that your customers still care. It's apathy that must be feared because it means that your customers no longer care and they won't be back.The way I see it as long as the "Flight" team doesn't post any magic screenies or build a product that can't be used until 2020 they have nothing to fear! :-)
Nice reply.But looking at recent events here at Avsim I would disagree that individual members that have explained the constraints and other factors that were and usually are out of their control be "held accountable" and kicked about etc be thought of as a good thing. Not only Aces team members but other strong contributors to this hobby,.... it is what it is...Sadly.

I don't agree. The release of FSX was a fiasco. Not to raise old spectres Promises for DX10 integration were broken, performance prior to two service packs was But were the Aces team "mostly treated like dirt", I don't believe so. They were most certianly held accountable.
Accountble for what? Indiviiduals can only be held accountable for their own decisions - not for those made by others. As I recall,they were blamed for the FSX "fiasco" for whichj I very much doubt they were individually responsible. My understanding is that the individual members of ACES who posted here did so the help and advise the rest of us and in their own time too. They wereblamed for the FSX "fiasco" I don't think the read the head of ACES ever posting here?If I'd had that experience, I certainly wouldn't bother doing it again. Anyway, as others have pointed out Microsoft probably learned from the experience and made it policy not to alow such posts again. Also, a sensible developer won't indulge in advance public speculation about what's goipng to be included. The developer may initially intend in good faith to include a feature which may not in the event appear in the released product for any number of valid reasons. Details are only likely to released at a late stage in development when it's certain what will be included.

Guest jahman
The way I see it as long as the "Flight" team doesn't post any magic screenies or build a product that can't be used until 2020 they have nothing to fear! :-)
Speaking of which, has anyone notived the God Rays in "Webisode 1: Soul" of the new MS Flight web?Cheers,- jahman.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.