Sign in to follow this  
Guest otter55

Improving performance / lowering settings or going back to FS2002??

Hello everybody!!First, here are my specs: PIV 2,4Ghz, 512MB, 120HD and Nvidia GForce IV MMX 64MB with latest drivers and DirectX.9.0. I know I don

Guest rlefebvr

I have pretty much the same system and get 15 frames near airports and up and beyond flying.It would help if you let us know what your FS settings were at.For instance, do you have T&L turned on. That will give you an extra 10 frames believe it or notRon

Guest Andy_YXU

One thing you may want to disable is AntiAllising both in your card and in FS9 do not use it at all I have much better card then yours and the clouds kill me I get 4FPS soemtimes in super hard clouds once I OFF AA I get 8FPS and I have all sliders MAX except shadows MyTraffic full 100% and sometimes I land at 10FPS in KJFK last night for example I use AAx4 to use FSNavigator and AdventureDisplay, but once the flight is OVER getting ready to land and no longer need FSNavigator then I lower my AA to x2 for better performance I also just recently Overclocked my CPU and GPU (well the memory and clock freq to 280/580 MHZ respectivly and can fly pretty flouid. IMHO FS9 gives much better performance then FS2002 ever did on my putter. Just twicking is the answer I also disabled my Page file not sure about performance gain but works well I added to 1024 RAM though.Good luckAndyPS: you may want to say what are your setups now so someone can tell you what you may disable or change in your settings

Guest otter55

my son runs fs9 on a lowly p4 1.5, 768mg ram, gf 5200 128 mg card, xphe runs the good clouds and most sliders mid rangeavgs 15 fps hope you find your problemdon