Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

missing aircraft photos

I started up Fs2004 on one of my older rigs and the photos of the aircraft under the "select aircraft" are missing. The entire space is BLACK. How can this be fixed to bring back the acft photos? Thanks jerrycwo4

Guest belga1

Hello,Usually it's from some settings of your graphic card or drivers ...Check antialiasing filter GPU and try to set to 4 or other and test again.Regards.bye.gifGus.

I started up Fs2004 on one of my older rigs and the photos of the aircraft under the "select aircraft" are missing. The entire space is BLACK. How can this be fixed to bring back the acft photos? Thanks jerrycwo4
Change to windowed mode; particularly if you are using an Nvidia card.DJ

Two things:- Does it happen for all aircraft?- Did it previously work for that aircraft?I have only seen this happen when there is a problem with the aircraft itself. Either it hasn't been defined correctly in the aircraft.cfg, or files are missing. For exmaple, I ahd this problem only yesterday. I figured out that it was caused because I hadn't entered the correct .air file name into the aircraft.cfg [fltsim.x] entry.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

It's always been that way for me. A minor thing as it's never stopped everything else working just fine, but I can see how it would irritate you if it's only just started happening. Hope you find a solution.Best regards.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest belga1

Hello,My solution (with a old Nvidia GT4600 and original drivers .. no updated) was to reduce antialiasing filter from 8 to 4 (worked in windowed or full screen mode)Regards.bye.gifGus.

I found the problem. I'm temporary using an older computer for FS2004 while my main rig is being rebuilt by Jetline Systems to the latest hardware. In the mean time I remember changing the Display resolution within FS2004 to another setting, 1280 x 800 x16.... It should have been 1280 x800 x 32 ( not 16). After this correction the aircraft came back. Thanks for the help and sugestions. jerrycwo4