Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jozef_K

Does your aircraft rudder do this?

Guest DonaldS

While doing a walk around of the aircraft I noticed that the rudder moves only to the left. I stood in back of aircraft and pushed joystick to the left and rudder moved to the left. When I pushed joystick to the right nothing happened, rudder stayed centered. With Num Lock Off; I used "Num Pad 0" and rudder moved to the left, "Num Pad 5" centered rudder.Used "Num Pad Enter" (suppposed to move rudder to the right) but rudder did not move. (Those commands are from the Flight Sim manual)Does yours do that?It is the same for all of my FS 2004 aircraft. Regards,Don S

Guest DonaldS

Sorry, in my message I did say the "no right" rudder problem was with all the FS 2004 aircraft. I guess I should have said, all the _default_ FS 2004 aircraft.But - the rudder on works in one direction on on all of the default FS2004 aircraft. Joystick: Microsoft Sidewinder 1.0 (new)Thanks,Don S

Guest Jozef_K

Strange problem. I just went back to FS2004 to try it out on the default B737-400 and no problems. Rudder moves to the left and to the right. Did you calibrate your joystick (configuration screen/game controllers)?. You can there also check if the joystick works correctly in all directions.I myself have a Sidewinder Precision Pro (an old one).Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg

Guest DonaldS

>Did you calibrate your joystick (configuration screen/game>controllers)?. You can there also check if the joystick works>correctly in all directions.Yes, I sure did.Maybe the problem is in the Sidewinder Joystick. I now am unable to even calibrate it correctly. By that I mean, when I calibrate the Throttle slider it is exactly opposite of what it should be, i.e. that is, when calibrating the throttle slider and I move the joystick throttle full forward the blue line on the calibration display box stays empty. When I pull the joystick throttle back the calibration display box shows a blue line moving across the display box and shows 100%, exactly opposite of what it should show.I think I need to get another joystick. This one is only 2 months old, too. Sigh. I unhooked the joystick's USB cable from the computer and re-hooked it and that did no good.Don S

Guest Jozef_K

Well, it looks like a hardware problem with your joystick. When it is only 2 months old, there should not be a problem getting a new one for free, but I don't know what the consumer's rights are in your country. Good luck!Jozef http://www.dse.nl/~joker32/pictures/signature.jpg