Sign in to follow this  
ad_auris

Prop-sound problems

Hello!I've some problems with the sound of my propeller aircrafts and unfortunately I get no clue how to solve that. Well, let's discribe the troubles: If I load a aircraft which has a piston engine and propeller, the outside sound is muted or it disappears if the RPM goes up. At first I thought it could be sound.dll, but it wasn't. After that I expected that something is wrong with the fs9.cfg, but it wasn't it too. And the worst thing is, even a reinstallation doesn't fit it. Could it be a gauge of an addon-aircraft, or something other?I love to fly with props and it hurts really, that i have no working sounds. Does anyone have the same problem? Or could help me?Best regards,Elmar

Is that problem specific to one (or several) aircraft, or is it with any prop-equipped aircraft?

Guest belga1

Hello,

And the worst thing is, even a reinstallation doesn't fit it
The same problem after a FS2004 fresh install ? (I mean .. pristine .. not a over reinstall :( )Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hi!I have deinstalled it completly and installed it in a totally new folder, without success. The exterior sounds are muted, the interior sounds work. Now I tested to fly with CFS2 which I use too and there it is the same problem, well something is wrong with my computer, I think. But what could it be?Best regards,Elmar

Hi!I have deinstalled it completly and installed it in a totally new folder, without success. The exterior sounds are muted, the interior sounds work. Now I tested to fly with CFS2 which I use too and there it is the same problem, well something is wrong with my computer, I think. But what could it be?Best regards,Elmar
Maybe trying to update your video card driver will fix the problem?

My video card is the Nvidia GeForce 9800GT and I use the latest driver. Could it be, that the new driver causes sound problems?P.S. With FSX I hae no porblems, with props. Best regards,Elmar

Guest belga1

Hello,

that the new driver causes sound problems?
Likely not.Just a shot in the dark ...Had you try to reduce one notch to left the cursor of the sound hardware acceleration in the Windows sound settings (you can also make it from the DirectX console) ?But at least .. with those comments we can assume ? you have a problem with your default sounds FS2004 (maybe corrupted) .. and not with hardware or software
Almost to all props except my DC3 with TSS sounds.
P.S. With FSX I hae no porblems, with props.
Try to reinstall (from CD) only the sounds..And are you able to play the default sounds (EG with a sound player) ?Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hello!I tested the sound files with windows media player, all are okay - it appears not only with the default sounds, addon sounds like Tiger Moth or A-26B Invader of Simouthouse don't work too, quite all prop aircraft. Another fact is, that turbine or helo sounds work perfectly and why doesn't appear that problem in FSX? Well, the hardware acceleration. I tryed to change it, but the icon is disabled because Nvidia has its own driver software and there I haven't found anything like that. Would a complete new installation of Vista solve that?Best regards,Elmar

Sounds like surround sound is active.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ed you are the king! Really! It solved the problem, wow! I'm so happy you can't imagine! :( Thank you very very very much! And to all others who want to help me, thank you too! :( Best regards,Elmar

No problem... it's something that drove me nuts years back.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69