Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Pilatus Porter?

I can't find the Pilatus Porter refered to on the main AVSIM page under New Uploads to the AVSIM Libary, FS2004 Original Aircraft. When I click on the link, I get a blank page. Same with a Libary search.

Probably because it was an unofficial upload from some guy that doesn't have a brain and they removed it, at least that is what it looks like, after reading the FSD support forum.Some people.....Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Has been removed from the Avsim library.This was the old FS2000 file (incompatible with FS2004) and was not uploaded by FSD.

John

Guest daveg4otu

It was listed as FS2004 but obviously isn't.It actually works very well in FS9 but there is a problem with a dll FSSound.dll of FS98/2000 which causes a warning message every time you star FS9.I've not been able to stop the message in spite of advice in another thread on here but the plane is great.Dave

"there is a problem with a dll FSSound.dll of FS98/2000 which causes a warning message every time you star FS9"Hi Dave,No problems here. You might try placing the FSSound.dll file in the root folder as well as the modules folder. Otherwise, the plane seems to fly well and I find I can even reverse her on the ground :)AND, there is even a VC (!) but without the panel :D You can see the nose, wings, pilot and cabin - very unexpected as was not present in FS2k2.I noted on loading this a/c for the first time that the control surfaces don't move. Is this normal in FS9 or could it be because I responded 'Yes' when invited to disable those features which FS9 appeared to think might make the sim unstable when first I loaded this a/c? In any event I appear to have lost this option on subsequent (even fresh) installations. I wanted to see if responding "No" might have made a difference. Where does FS9 store such responses - it would be useful to be able to reset in an experimental situation like this.Mike

<<<>>>They get logged in your FS9.CFG file unde a section called FRAMECALLNOWARN. You won't see the message twice unless you remove the entries and start again.<<>>>>Duhhh ... yes, it would seem so! I can tell you, though, that personally I have said NO to disabling animations on all imported aircraft to date (including a number of FSDS ones) and my sim has yet to jump out the window yelling "BANZAI!". Your call, of course, as every system has its peculiarities, but I think this message should be regarded as a caution rather than Gospel.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Hi Mark,Actually I do have some text...LOL ...as I've just tried your suggestions.Removed the Pilatus Porter entry under 'FRAMECALLNOWARN' and, as you stated correctly, I was able to respond 'NO' on reloading the a/c.This time all the control surfaces work BUT I've lost the VC...Bummer! It now looks and flies just as it did in FS2002 with the exception of the prop of course, which is absent (I was expecting that). It's just nice to have this a/c back and working in FS9.Can't imagine the guys at FSD have a great deal of work to make it FS9 compatible unless they are converting the whole a/c to gMax.Regards,Mike

Guest Steve Small

Sorry you never ever did manage to get over the Porter repaint, Don, but we did try to explain to you about the Copyright issues involved.But like the repackaging of the old Porter and posting it here the other day, some folks find some simple issues hard to accept......Steve SmallCanberra, Australiahttp://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

Regrettably - and to my understanding, at least - you can't just tweak the bits that don't work, like props. The whole model would have to be rebuilt in FSDS2 or GMAX, which is what Steve and team are doing with the Porter and Jan Visser is doing with our beloved DC-3. That said, the original FSDS Porter was, and remains, an exceptional model and with a tweak or two flies just fine in FS9 as it did in FS2002. I wouldn't be without it!Only to be expected that the new bird would be payware, I fear; it's the way of things. But don't throw the old lass away for the lack of a prop. Heck, FS9 doesn't even have any bridges; what's a prop or two between friends?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

I got over that a long time ago Steve. I was just stating a fact. I feel the Dash 7 is of the same high quality as anything FSD has produced. You posted your opinion, I posted mine. Seems like YOU can't get over that paint deal. Is that too hard to accept?Don