Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

Very good shots, I wanna have it now!!!:( I love your updates.

Hi all, The beauty of all this is, when the 737ngx is released, we will be so engrossed with it that the time scale for the Dash and 777 will pass like winkie. richard welsh.

I showed my girlfriend the picture of the two PFDs and asked her to tell me which one she thought was the NGX and she chose the picture of the real 738 PFD! That, ladies and gentlemen, is how realistic the NGX looks!Regards,

Louis Vallance | P3D v4.5 (no shaders) | i9-9900K | 32GB | RTX 2080

I hope Mr Boeing will be as proud of the pmdg NG as you will be.As for the majority of us, we will be over the moon with it although I'm sure some willl have gripes and 'this is not right' comments but at the end of the day - what do we know?I'm sure it will be your best product to date and I still, one day, would like to see an Avro RJ done as an 'express product'. One can only dream Batting%20Eyelashes.gif John Ellison

When I see that great results, I really do hope you guys will develop one day an Airbus (A320 or A330)... even though I understant that it is far more difficult system wise due to the fact that FSX has been a boeing systems oriented software...Greg

too much, too soon....

We're using the Boeing pantone kit. We got it right. :(
Not only that, photographs will show different color tones depending on the exposure level - I have multiple photos of the exact same PFD that I took on our survey trip that look different due to that, there's just flat out no real way to perfectly replicate what the eye sees. Even then, the tones change when you raise and lower the brightness on the screens etc.Trust me everyone, it is not going to get much better than what we're doing here as far as matching the real aircraft.
For the comments on color, you have to take into account the things Ryan and Robert mentioned. The perception issue is very apparent when taking into account Ryan's comments. Screen age, brightness, photo exposure, and several other factors come into play when comes to how something looks on screen.What everyone here must understand, however, is that no monitor or display will display the same color as the next. Each manufacturer strives to achieve lifelike color, but next time you're in a BestBuy (or the like), go back to the wall of TVs (or computer monitors) and look at how each displays the picture. Some are darker, some are lighter, some are redder/bluer/greener/etc, but behind all of it is the same signal to display whatever promotional video clips they have.Robert mentioned the Pantone color palette. With the Pantone palette, colors are matched with specificity greater than that of simple RGB or CMYK. I could go further into the background of why and how, but I'll spare you that diatribe and put it very simply:If someone gives you the Pantone, you can't miss. If Boeing specified the Pantone and PMDG used it, you're being provided with the most realistic color possible. The rest of its interpretation is up to your video card and monitor.I hope that explains away the questioning by the rivet counters,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Guest Mik75

Oh my god! ;-)This will definitely be the new standard for commercial airliner addons. Only true enthusiasts pay so much attention to detail and only the true artist has the ability to make a piece of software come alive! I'm really deeply impressed, ...and speechless!Greets,Michael

Thanks Robert & team. Your detailed comments and the exceptional screenshots are much appreciated. I will go back to sitting on my hands and looking forward to further updates with controlled impatience.Martin Madden

Waaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!I can't wait to fly this add ... :( ... Preparing my VISA card for purchase!!! :( Thanks for this hard work team.Regards from Spain_______________________________________________________________________Jose Francisco

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

you guys just keep outdoing yourselves. All my other planes are going to have about a foot of dust on them once this thing comes out. I may never fly another plane again (until your 777 comes out of course)

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

WOW!!!! That's really Amazing!!!![understatement of the year]Just%20Kidding.gif THX for the Update

PMDG = Google of FSX. Without a doubt this release is the most awaited one in years for any simulation platform. I hope all goes well for you guys, this should be glorious.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest meshweaver

As good as this looks, and it does look good, I can't help but think what the B777X will be like.How far we gave come....

I just got EZDOK (EZCA) and still playing with it but man oh man oh man, I can't wait to use it in the NGX. It really helps you appreciate the detail of the JS41 VC and the MD-11 greatly! Hopefully before the NGX is released I'll even get my vertical slew to work again :PCoupled with my TrackIR, it's just incredible to see these VC's the way PMDG intended. It almost gives it a complete new look.
Dan, I am saving up for trackir as my next big hardware purchase. This purchase is preceded by Nvidia's 3D glasses that make the VC truly unbelievable. Despite the cost this is one of the biggest improvements for the VC since, well, the VC. I simply can not wait to see the NGX in glorious 3D!

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg