Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

Guest Tamadeez

PMDG please give a price range as I believe it will prepare us (me included) on how much to store in emegency funds. ;D .

Wow, I guess I'll be flying nothing but WestJet for a long time!

Wow, that shot is amazing... I took some seconds to see the FSX one! I just hope the exterior model is better than the last rendition... :( If I like what I see, I will polish my VISA and buy it. Didn't buy the competition knowing that PMDG will make er' much better...!Happy flyingAndreu Escuain
Exterior NOT required.....let's have a sim based on flying!!

Now iFly will make there product into FSX and it is a real contender to PMDG, not saying it is a better choice (knock on wood) but a contender both in aesthetics and in system simulation, bet you even in performance as well./quote]You are joking I am sure?!?!??

Wow, I guess I'll be flying nothing but WestJet for a long time!Exterior NOT required.....let's have a sim based on flying!!
Now why would you bring that up? This has been discussed ad nauseam. Don't come on these forums and start trying to stir things up.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Thanks for the update PMDG staff! I admit I am anxious for the release, but I'd rather know about what progress is made (even if there are delays) than be kept in the dark (i.e. LevelD 757) I don't believe hat Robert taking the time to inform us of their project contributes in any way to delays or lost production time, it's nice to know they can work hard and also share details with us. I am grateful for their approach vs. other highly regarded payware vendors. I would like to know if there will be a preorder system, where such orders are delivered before the general public, say a day or two before public release? I can only imagine the stress the PMDG servers/AVSIM forums will be under when the reckoning day finally comes Black%20Eye.gifI have never been disappointed in a PMDG product, and I dare say the release of this plane is almost the equivalent of Microsoft releasing FS11 (if they hadn't fired the ACES Team)! I can't wait to see the fruits of the MD11 and JS4100 development "testbed" technologies applied to a very popular current airframe. Sadly, as much as I love those two products and the satisfaction I get from having learned their complex systems, one is hard pressed to find them in use in real life passenger revenue service today. However, I'm getting a big kick out of flying the MD11 on KLM routes still be served today (EHAM to KSFO, CYYZ, going to do EHAM-CYVR and UPS or Fedex short/long hauls in the near future)All the best!

Wow - and I thought the turobo prop and MD11 were pretty much flawless. I really can't wait for this bird.

Tom, next time you want to accuse us of not knowing how to market, you might want to take a look at the top 5 most viewed threads on Avsim - three of them are about this aircraft, one with over 500,000 views. Show me a marketing person anywhere in the world that wouldn't kill for 500,000 hits on anything.We can't win - we're going to get people like you complaining regardless of what we do, so I think we'll take the option that makes the most people possible aware of what we're doing. The aircraft will speak for itself against any competition you may think it has.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

None of you complainers get it. Once upon a time developers said when the approximate release date was. When they didn't deliver you came down their throats and forced them into never saying anything about release dates. Now the next thing you do is complain about waiting. My forecast? Developers will not even tell you they are developing a product UNTIL the day of release. Honestly, it sounds like you sit there my your computer clicking "refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh,refresh".Geez, go out and enjoy the things in life. Sitting by a computer and complaining 24/7 makes you look like you have no life whatsoever. PMDG wants to get this thing out as quickly as soon as they can to you BUT not at the expense of bugs (which will create a whole new set of complaints). I respect what they do and how they do it. If you can do better by all means try. There is more to life than "refresh". I took up drumming, paintballing, play hockey in the winter, etc. I have so many things I try and do that before I know it the 737 will be released. I suggest you try it too. I try to make this post in respect to all. I too am waiting for this release and know where you are coming from. But after spending over 3-4000 bucks on addons I know by now that when it DOES come out you will look back and all your frustrations of waiting will be forgotten. You know its true and so do I. Jack C

I respect PMDG saying that they could have released this a while back, albeit with compromise and less features of course. I'd much rather have them work thoroughly and at their own comfortable pace making sure all bugs are squashed and the leading edge new features are added than to have a crippled product rushed to market. Airsimmer made this mistake with their A320, and I was deeply disappointed.

Mathematical model for heat retention? I am afraid it will take an expert RW pilot to notice (and appreciate) some of the details and features? Going so deep... I wonder if you developers/programmers ever think something like “Oh, I’ve invested so much time and effort in this detail, and it will be appreciated by just few, most won’t even notice it... (Sigh)”
Daniel-Wow did you hit that nail squarely on the head. Dr. Vaos and I have a long standing joke that "on the next project, we'll just keep it simple because 75% of what we do goes unnoticed by 99% of our customers."We then reassure one another that "at least WE know it is working correctly.We have programmed into the airplane some "transient quirks" that are part of the airplane's personality- and are generally well known or frequently experienced by NG crews. We have a running wager that most customers will not pick on on them in the documentation- and will come running here to report them as "bugs." <sound of me banging my head on the desk>I'm glad to know that someone else can appreciate this experience!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Besides wanting more frequent updates with more screenshots (Who doesn't want that?), I've been very pleased with PMDG's approach to this release. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing, I know it'll be the best add-on for MSFS ever made.

Why not paying attention to getting it done rather than discuss it and share tiny pictures of bits and pieces.
These are usually called teasers. Go to Game Trailers and you´ll see that a whole industry behave like that. For people who think NGX is taking too much time, try waiting for Duke Nukem Forever, or Gran Turismo 5!

If you think this is marketing, I would strongly recommend a great book by Phillip Kotler called Marketing management
Hey, I used that book in my marketing class! Nice book... but that was many years ago. Marketing it is though, you're right Tom.But still, it is quite fascinating what PMDG is trying to do. Though it looks like you read many more of these "updates" than I have since I think to just avoid these endless postings until we see the final product. So lessee... where iz it? :( John

And just to suggest a different approach (HA!), the developers could post photos of them working on the project. I´m imagining some semi-dead developers with lot´s of coffee around the office and tons of post-it on the monitors.EDIT: Maybe not...