Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

Those shots are incredible to say the least. Haha, I sure hope I can afford this baby! Especially after I make good with a certain someone for a certain deserved reward.

Dan, I am saving up for trackir as my next big hardware purchase. This purchase is preceded by Nvidia's 3D glasses that make the VC truly unbelievable.
I have bought every pair of 3D goggles in the past and they were neat but gave me headaches and eye straing. I looked into it again with the much faster refresh rates and think it will be a lot better but how about the density? Meaning that it always looked insanely faded in the past and in a sim type thing, very transparent. I would imagine the 120hz would help this and make it look better but do you have experience with the older (much older actually) models, and could compare?I still ponder the idea of getting them eventually but that would mean replacing my 3, 26" screens and they'r still quite new. Besides if I do replace them I would want to go bigger of course and would need a bigger, and deeper wallet first :wink:EZDOK gives me a great 3D feel as I mentioned and not just headaches so will have to settle for it for now (it's pretty cool). As for Track IR, definitely do it. That, EZDOK (EZCA same thing) or your goggles all help compliment the detail you might never truly see and basically has made my jaw drop yet again when viewing the PMDG VC's.As for what was mentioned earlier about the pdf's and people reading? All I can say in all honesty, is personally it takes me a very long time to learn that way since there are soooo many systems I never touched in real life and am normally learning from scratch. I have learned from them and continue to do so all the time but makes my dense head ache since for me it can be overwhelming. Now tutorials on the other hand, that for me is the cats meow! I also never fully know what is being mentioned in them but when paired with the detailed PDF docs, it's a marriage made in heaven. As mentioned above, another two things that compliment one another.Noow if someone could just make goggles that make me read and comprehend what I'm reading better, I'd be golden! :Nerd:EDIT: For those that have EZCA, they just released Update-1.16. It added the following:1. Added cycle views for EZCA cameras (open "Define keys" page , look at "Cycle view" section)2. Fixed "back view" error after first start EZCA. Edited by Turbine777

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Nice update, thanksI thought those overhead windows were plugged on latest B737 production? never seen the real thing from inside though, so Thanks PMDG for giving me the chance.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Captains-Since we've been having a conversation about "diving deep into the details" I thought it might be rewarding for those of you who "dive deep into the threads" if we tossed a few full cockpit images down here...We have a full Virtual Cockpit preview thread in the works- but here is just a sample of what you'll be getting in the NGX.Notice the depth of color and texture detail in this VC. With the resources we have throughout the industry- we've been able to gain an unprecedented level of support to help make this simulation as visually appealing as it is deep.Some of my favorite details- (things that make this "feel" like an airplane) are the fingertip oil and surface wearing that is visible on the "six pack" annunciators next to the Caution/Fire lights. You can tell that other crews have been flying and working this cockpit, because traces of the use and wear are evident all over the flight deck....Here is a close-up view of the control stand. Almost looks like you can reach in an touch those levers, doesn't it? Looks at the edges of the seat cushions... the corners of the displays, the FMS keypads... We are pretty happy with the level of detail you are getting- and we haven't put nearly the dent in FPS performance that we had feared. It is still running significantly better than the MD-11...DISCLAIMER: These images are taken from an in-development product. Some things displayed on the screen are incorrect because they aren't complete, or because we have things turned on for trouble-shooting and completion... (Okay- that makes 3 updates in 6 weeks... so I'm averaging once every other week... :( )
LH 630: Frankfurt tower, Mayday, Mayday, Mayday, both the pilots have lost consciousness!Frankfurt tower: Why is that!?LH 630: LUFTHANSA HAS NO NG'sKLM: Haha suckas!:(

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Nice update, thanksI thought those overhead windows were plugged on latest B737 production? never seen the real thing from inside though, so Thanks PMDG for giving me the chance.
The Eyebrow windows were already mentioned as one of things that will be optional (Able to turn on/off) I believe.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

WOW !!!Robert et al, these shots look fantastic, the best VC I have ever seen, bar none.Robert, can I request an option to remove the seat in the VC ? The reason I ask, is that personally, I prefer a wider field of view. To achieve this I use CTRL+ENTER to move the eye position back. In most addons, invariably we end up with part of the head rest or seat back obstructing the view, more so when panning left or right. I know you guys pioneered the yoke click to shorten it to get a better view of the panels. I still think that was one of the neatest and simplest tricks EVER to enhance the VC flying experience. I have always been a 2D fanatic, but am slowly preferring the VC. Therefore I make this request to add/remove the FO or Capt seat, if possible, so that it does not obstruct our view. At the end of the day,the biggest advantage of VC flying is that each user finds his or hers "sweet spot" to fly from. Sometimes, the seat does come in the way of that ideal position. Secondly, we all know the efforts and depths for realism all of you are attempting. I was just curious, if we click on any of the blue, green or amber lights, will they light up ? For example, if I click on say, one of the Fuel Pump Low Pressure lights, will it illuminate ? The reason I ask is because, as you are aware, pushing any of the annunciator lights in the aircraft will light that bulb up. I would be truly amazed if you have gone that far, as i have never seen this in any FS simulation. This is not a request, just curiosity :)Cheers,Dinshaw Parakh.

Just checking Dinshaw, but you are aware that the seats can be moved with the mouse in the VC aren't you? It doesn't get them completely out of the way for what you're describing but definitely helps. Also, one of the things I like about EZDOK is creating my views so changing my views in any direction forward or back or left and right, and up & down (X,Y,Z).As a side note to this. Do pilot seats recline? Well I guess I should say recline all the way back, as in flat? I know bigger aircraft may have pilot quarters and am sure the answer might be that the flights are to short to care, but a fully reclining seat (with sheeps wool of course) would be a good half & half solution.

Dan Prunier

By all the posts about the 737 NGX it´s not possible to watch all throught. Maybe my Question has been askes before.Will the new NGX have an 2D Cockpit for Wide Screen Monitors? I think this Add-On will be have the same or better phiolosophy of entering datas like the MD-11. Isn´t it?I am very frighten of the new version, cause i work with FS9 and had to buy a new expensive computer for using FSX.Cause i am an High-End user of the 737NG i am waiting for new challenges.Greets

No, There will not be a 2D cockpit. VC only, but it will have 2D popups if my memory serves me correctly.

Dan Prunier

Finally VC shots..NicePlease give us a shot from VC in the Darkness with all the LightsIm waiting for NGX since FSX.Hope PMDG will it release in a few monthsGreets

No, There will not be a 2D cockpit. VC only, but it will have 2D popups if my memory serves me correctly.
Hi Dan,Are you sure? They stated from the beginning that there would be a 2d-panel, I don't know about the wide-screen though.Regards,Wijnand (EHBK)

Simply stunning, the VC Preview - nearly get me lost within the shots - my boss has just saw me staring at the picture for about 5 minutes, and had to pull me away from it.Simply amazing what you are developing :(

It would be interesting on the 2D panel front,i know aerosoft didnt use one at all, in stead use VC "viewpoints",I think its a better idea, but i think there is a problem with some hardware if there isnt any 2D panel?Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Great VC shots! LOL.gif Now, I only need to see some exterior model shots... :(

Hi Dan,Are you sure?
Hmmm, not anymore. I thought that's what I read once but now I sit scratching my chin. :(

Dan Prunier

Just checking Dinshaw, but you are aware that the seats can be moved with the mouse in the VC aren't you? It doesn't get them completely out of the way for what you're describing but definitely helps. Also, one of the things I like about EZDOK is creating my views so changing my views in any direction forward or back or left and right, and up & down (X,Y,Z).As a side note to this. Do pilot seats recline? Well I guess I should say recline all the way back, as in flat? I know bigger aircraft may have pilot quarters and am sure the answer might be that the flights are to short to care, but a fully reclining seat (with sheeps wool of course) would be a good half & half solution.
Hey Dan,Yes, I should have mentioned that this is after mouse clicking to push the seat back :)I did try EZDOK a while back but it did not seem to appeal to me. To be fair, I did not play around too much with it and it was probably an older version. Will give it a shot again.And yes, the pilot seats do recline back, but are definitely not lie flat, although I am sure the pilots wish that they were :( Besides, the NG is so cramped, especially the fixed seat behind the Capt. If the Capt pushes his seat back even a bit, a reasonably tall person cannot keep his or her legs there as there is no room. If the Capt pushes his seat all the way back, his seat back touches the seat bottom of the observers seat. You will end up having to sit sideways. Even that would be more difficult if the foldable observer seat is being used.Cheers,Dinshaw Parakh.