Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

Sorry,but i for one dont need a 2 D Panel.Since FSX it is smoother in the VC and u have more functionality without 2 DA right decision from PMDG.

On the commercial airliners I hope there are 2d panels at least the major ones. I.E. overhead and fmc are the most important ones for me. I hate moving my view away from flight to see a panel. Dan, I thought they said there was going to be a 2D panel.

Wow, I guess I'll be flying nothing but WestJet for a long time!Exterior NOT required.....let's have a sim based on flying!!
What ????? Of course we want EXTERIOR !!!!!... on a 2 hours flight, I love looking at my beautiful plane from the outside and PMDG really knows how to make eye candy birds !YOU CRAZY :(

too much, too soon....

Hello All, I would like to know if the PMDG NGX will be compatible with the open cockpits mcp module http://www.opencockp...tml?cPath=22_61 Thanks
I can answer that one for you as i just got a response from open cockpits after asking the same question. Their response is (this is word for word):' HelloWe dont know exactly if it can works properly with our hardware until the plane will be release. We need to know if they will give the offsets to general public, or if the software can be managed via keystrokes.So, until the add-on dont be released we dont tell nothing about 'regardsMike Kendall

Thanks for the quick reply mike i hope it does work that could be my first move to building a complete sim using ngx haha i wish.

The cue "hardware" brings me up:would we hardware nerds (with countless knobs and switches around us) will be well served with the NGX?As you probably know I have made several LUA scripts to get the most out of my hardware. Will PMDG have taken care about hardware users with the NGX from ground on and how??Are really ALL systems and switches assignable?Or is at least LUA scripting an possible option (what would be also ok - but it must be possible)? If so would you consider to provide us with the LUA Variables which will save a lot of work?Many, many thanks for answering!btw: thanks for these and upcoming shots - its really like waiting for christmas :(

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magnificent!Thanks Robert for the VC shot. One thing i noticed when looking at the real cockpit of the 737 is the depth and distance it has, im absolutley astounded as to how well this has been simulated it just looks perfect almost for a second your eyes play a trick between real and sim its so close it plays games with my eyes interpretation to the brain!Such a wonderful job, and this is just the begining! just the cosmetics alone are a masterpiece, so much depth shade and colour! Imagine the systems modelling!Thanks for your update much appreciated.-Dan Parker

Guest DANYDEDR

Ok...Before u have posted the VC images it was very hard to wait for the real good stuff like that.And now tell me how should I survive till this product is released :Cry:Too bad. I wish I had never seen this pictures till real release is there Big%20Grin.gif

If there's no 2D Panel, then PMDG have lost a potential customer. Sorry. I only operate on the 2D panel because a) I don't like looking around all the time in the VC and b)My computer won't be able to run such a detailed VC at all, I struggle with even the Wilco A3xx VCs so this will be much worse.I will hold my judgement on the 2D panel because it's not been confirmed/denied by a admin, but it would be such a pity and sad if there wasn't a 2D panel.-Karan Kant

If there's no 2D Panel, then PMDG have lost a potential customer. Sorry. I only operate on the 2D panel because a) I don't like looking around all the time in the VC and b)My computer won't be able to run such a detailed VC at all, I struggle with even the Wilco A3xx VCs so this will be much worse.I will hold my judgement on the 2D panel because it's not been confirmed/denied by a admin, but it would be such a pity and sad if there wasn't a 2D panel.-Karan Kant
PMDG said previously that they would have some 2D cockpit bits. Didn't they already show a shot of the 2D overhead?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Captains-Just to answer a couple of questions that have been asked...1) 2D panels: The product is currently planned to have some form of 2D panel, but we haven't yet decided on the depth. The 2D panels will be built by rendering out of the VC model, as this is the most effective way to ensure we match the 2D/VC. (Everyone take notes: Dan was wrong in his answer above... Today is 30SEP10... It might be some time before we see that happen again.2) Hardware Interface: We intend to provide hardware manufacturers with an SDK that allows them to make their hardware compatible with the NGX. The SDK will not cost them anything, and in many cases hardware may be compatible simply by default. If not- then they will simply need to use our SDK to make it work. 3) Failure Module: Nobody asked, but eventually someone will... The NGX uses a highly sophisticated new failure module. This is the one we had hoped to develop for the J41. (No we will not make it backward compatible to older products... but the NGX and future products will use it.)4) We have not finalized the product spec- so any and all of the information we provide you may change. (I'm putting this disclaimer here just in case we bump a function into a post-release update, or just in case we decide to change the product spec...)5) Pricing: We will give you more information just before release. 6) Hard Copies of Manuals: It is currently planned that these will be available. We are working with Boeing and the manual publisher to ensure it is done correctly. (It would be unethical for us to simply provide you with a warmed over copy of intellectual property that is owned by Boeing... I find it disturbing how few add-on developers seem concerned by such a requirement. We purchase the rights to use and distribute their intellectual property- and we have already made the legal arrangements required to produce these manuals for you...) Ryan was "slightly" wrong above when he indicated that we might not produce these. The MD-11 manual sales met expectations but they were FAR too expensive. We are working with Boeing and the publisher to make these far more affordable...7) Sleep: Yes. I'm headed in that direction right now- as it will soon be impossible to get any sleep during final testing...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Good to hear that 737 HArd copy Manuals should be available - CAnnot wait for them and still love mine for the MD-11 :(

Another mini update, are you feeling OK Robert? lol. This is going to be some 737 package when released

Alaister Kay

PMDG said previously that they would have some 2D cockpit bits. Didn't they already show a shot of the 2D overhead?
I'm not sure, I've not been on the forums for a while. If so, great! Hopefully this won't be as big a framsucker as the Jetstream, then it would be the ultimate FSX airplane :DKaran kant