Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

And just to suggest a different approach (HA!), the developers could post photos of them working on the project. I´m imagining some semi-dead developers with lot´s of coffee around the office and tons of post-it on the monitors.EDIT: Maybe not...
Why not? I'd certainly find it entertaining... :(
Since we've been having a conversation about "diving deep into the details" I thought it might be rewarding for those of you who "dive deep into the threads" if we tossed a few full cockpit images down here...
Thanks for that one, they look great so far. Besides the colors, are you using a real Boeing font on the EFIS or did you model it after the real thing? (whereas I wonder if the actual NG uses TTF fonts lol...)
Notice the depth of color and texture detail in this VC. With the resources we have throughout the industry- we've been able to gain an unprecedented level of support to help make this simulation as visually appealing as it is deep.
It is certainly stunning. Now this is not meant in a negative way but just as a question: You made all the controls and switches so crystal clear and HD, good job. I was just looking at the part of the floor where the yoke sits. Why are these textures noticably lower resolution than the rest of the flight deck (as are parts of the ceiling around the OVHD), whereas you can even read the text on the seat cushion? I am aware people would probably rarely look at them if at all, but I was just wondering as to what the reason might be for this. Maybe due to FPS, the textures simply getting too big and memory intensive then?Otherwise the overall appereance is really good and gives you a feeling of the real deal for sure, so thumbs up.
Will the new NGX have an 2D Cockpit for Wide Screen Monitors?
IIRC Ryan confirmed that in some other thread but don't hold me to it.
PMDG said previously that they would have some 2D cockpit bits. Didn't they already show a shot of the 2D overhead?
They've been VC shots I'm pretty sure.
1) 2D panels: The product is currently planned to have some form of 2D panel, but we haven't yet decided on the depth. The 2D panels will be built by rendering out of the VC model, as this is the most effective way to ensure we match the 2D/VC.
Uh, please excuse but that does not sound very confident to me. Maybe I didn't get the point but since it's always been said the product was to include 2D/3D panels I was certainly hoping for a 2D version that is at least up to par with the VC. I know here are many VC users but some still prefer 2D like me. I don't really like (nor have) TrackIR and I simply love to hit something like SHIFT+2 to bring up some panel I need and there I have it right away, always in the same spot on the screen and don't have to fiddle around with the mouse all the time in the VC and try to hit the right switch. I find the VC very inefficient for using the mouse, but that might just be me. Might be very different with a touch monitor too, but I also don't have one of those.Still, I did really hope for a HQ 2D version, now bringing up it's not clear how deep it would go scares me quite a great bit to be honest. :oIn excited expectance for good news on this and that I just misunderstood some point Nail%20Biting.gifsig.gif

That screens are awesome ;) and i'm really looking forward to have her in my hangar. I don't have time to do long haul flights at the moment, so my FSX is currently more on standby as i don't like to work myself into another plane right now. I would have to abort that anyway when the NGX comes out. You guys are really doing an awesome job and one of the first things i do in the morning for a long time now is checking in here, to find some new updates. So every newspost make me feel that we are getting closer and closer everytime. Keep up the work and testing. And don't forget about the paintkit!

Thanks for the extra info.As for the failures module I have brought it many times in past but haven't mentioned it for quite some time due to being reassured it is/will be a new sophisticated module, very much look forward to it. :)

Captains-Since we've been having a conversation about "diving deep into the details" I thought it might be rewarding for those of you who "dive deep into the threads" if we tossed a few full cockpit images down here...We have a full Virtual Cockpit preview thread in the works- but here is just a sample of what you'll be getting in the NGX.
Quite stunning, this is what I was talking about, real screens of something that almost look real.PS..How come it still have the eyebrow windows? Isn´t that old, by that meaning new aircrafts are produced without???? Just wondering
Hey, I used that book in my marketing class! Nice book... but that was many years ago. Marketing it is though, you're right Tom.But still, it is quite fascinating what PMDG is trying to do. Though it looks like you read many more of these "updates" than I have since I think to just avoid these endless postings until we see the final product. So lessee... where iz it? John
I totally agree John, fascinating as it is, I would argue the statement of PMDG saying that every company out there would kill for the hits they receive on this forum.Somewhat they are right, but my argument is that they did not factor in the majority of those that visit the same forum several times a day..As a former Administrator here at AVSIM and I might be remembering this all wrong, but I bet you that this forum statistic just count hits not IP addresses as individual hits.This meaning that one person could visit this forum 10+ a day and each visit is counted as an single hit generating lots of statistics.So my argument is not in favour of PMDG this time, as a marketing statistic this "hit counts" is not a valid (correct) amount of data to be used as a marketing asset.

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Quite stunning, this is what I was talking about, real screens of something that almost look real.PS..How come it still have the eyebrow windows? Isn´t that old, by that meaning new aircrafts are produced without???? Just wonderingI totally agree John, fascinating as it is, I would argue the statement of PMDG saying that every company out there would kill for the hits they receive on this forum.Somewhat they are right, but my argument is that they did not factor in the majority of those that visit the same forum several times a day..As a former Administrator here at AVSIM and I might be remembering this all wrong, but I bet you that this forum statistic just count hits not IP addresses as individual hits.This meaning that one person could visit this forum 10+ a day and each visit is counted as an single hit generating lots of statistics.So my argument is not in favour of PMDG this time, as a marketing statistic this "hit counts" is not a valid (correct) amount of data to be used as a marketing asset.
About the eyebrow windows, it has been mentioned in posts from the PMDG team that you can config your 737 in a lot of ways, just as a real customer does from the boeing factory, and also chose if you want eyebrow windows or not.Very nice to hear about the printed manuals at a possibly lower price than the MD-11. the price was what kept me away from getting the printed ones for the MD. Instead I printed the QRH myself. Costed a lot of time and ink.... :(

About the eyebrow windows, it has been mentioned in posts from the PMDG team that you can config your 737 in a lot of ways, just as a real customer does from the boeing factory, and also chose if you want eyebrow windows or not.
Genius call.. Hope they do this with color schematics also, get the option to choose wither you want to have a standard color or the optional blue environment seen in many aircrafts.

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Captains-2) Hardware Interface: We intend to provide hardware manufacturers with an SDK that allows them to make their hardware compatible with the NGX. The SDK will not cost them anything, and in many cases hardware may be compatible simply by default. If not- then they will simply need to use our SDK to make it work.
This is the best news I have heard, even out weighs the lovely pictures. Being able to get rid of the mouse to fly PMDG aircraft is quite simply my biggest desire for years.I just hope now they have done this for the NGX and have developed all these new techniques for making aircraft, we can see the DH8, B777 and also maybe some patch to allow the Js41 also take advantage. And finally a new and revamped B747, which is certainly what if I had control of PMDG I would like to see next even over the B777.Look forward to being able to click and twist my knobs shortly with PMDG!Regards

Captains-Just to answer a couple of questions that have been asked...1) 2D panels: The product is currently planned to have some form of 2D panel, but we haven't yet decided on the depth. The 2D panels will be built by rendering out of the VC model, as this is the most effective way to ensure we match the 2D/VC. (Everyone take notes: Dan was wrong in his answer above... Today is 30SEP10... It might be some time before we see that happen again.
Just a thought: the FS2Crew (Voice) version of the JS41 has a panel-switcher, which makes navigating the VC a whole lot easier. Would it be possible to implement such a device?Regards,Wijnand (EHBK)

Thanks RSR - as you can probably tell...there's quite a few people here just dying to hand over some hard earned $$ for your software. I haven't waited on a product release like this for a loooong time (last time was Day of Defeat: Steam....but that was crap..and a long time ago). I already have my flight plan all set up (Virgin Blue - YBBN to YSSY milk run on VATPAC). :)

Thanks RSR - as you can probably tell...there's quite a few people here just dying to hand over some hard earned $$ for your software...I haven't waited on a product release like this for a loooong time
Thats TruePMDG 737 was my First Time when i started with Flightsimulation and i bought at the Time 737NG in the BoxI will only fly with this at Vatsim if NGX737 finally get out

Hey, lots of pages without the usual crap about the forum names, weather, Lady Gaga etc...Dear Capt. Robert and Team,Even before actually seeing the 737 product you're about to release, I know my whole FS experience is about to change. There will be no more goofing around with different kind of add ons but pure 737 NG dedication. I believe the NGX deserves it with all the attention and efforts you've put in the creation of this software. I've got my hands already on a 737 2000+pages manual to prepare myself, and be like a professional behind my computer. I just hope you've got those hydraulic fluids math right :) cheers!

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Dear Capt. Robert and Team,Even before actually seeing the 737 product you're about to release, I know my whole FS experience is about to change. There will be no more goofing around with different kind of add ons but pure 737 NG dedication. I believe the NGX deserves it with all the attention and efforts you've put in the creation of this software.
Same for me.

One of my personal pet peeves (that is shared by a few members of the PMDG team) in the sim market is that it can be so hard for consumers to wade through all the claims of "most detailed," "most realistic," and "most complex" that seem to litter the marketing pages of every aircraft add-on maker out there. (Including ours! Oh no... I see a website update coming. :( )
Guys, I think if anyone deserves to put the claims of "most detailed", "most realistic" and "most complex" on their marketing websites, it should be you guys! Seriously, everything looks so good so far and I can't wait for you to take on the mighty 777. This may be a little early yet, but will there be an EFB for the 777?Looking forward to seeing more!

7) Sleep: Yes. I'm headed in that direction right now- as it will soon be impossible to get any sleep during final testing...
OK, three words of that sentence: soon.......... final testing.I'm so excited!!!!!:( .