Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

It is certainly stunning. Now this is not meant in a negative way but just as a question: You made all the controls and switches so crystal clear and HD, good job. I was just looking at the part of the floor where the yoke sits. Why are these textures noticably lower resolution than the rest of the flight deck (as are parts of the ceiling around the OVHD), whereas you can even read the text on the seat cushion? I am aware people would probably rarely look at them if at all, but I was just wondering as to what the reason might be for this. Maybe due to FPS, the textures simply getting too big and memory intensive then?
Overall texture load yes - those floor and overhead areas are huge at the resolution we're using here for the really detailed things. It's possible this will change though further on in the development process if we think we can get away with it performance-wise. Remember there's a whole external model and all of its associated textures too - we don't want to require 1.5GB GPUs here.
They've been VC shots I'm pretty sure.
Correct, everything we've shown thusfar is VC.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This may be a little early yet, but will there be an EFB for the 777?
You can send a private Message to the DevelopersI think,it is really to early.We all see,how PMDG works with their own Priority...slowlyI m glad to see the priority is now on NGX737 after all years .Dont forget the chronology PSI Love Triple 7 too

I cant wait for it!!Can someone freeze me and wake me up when it comes out? Please!

By reading Robert's answers to some questions above it sounds like they are some months away from any news on a release.I think this will make a great XMAS present if out by then. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

Will we have a choice of with/without eyebrow models? Prefer the newer Boeing model of without.

Eric 

The only thing wrong with that VC picture is...the "black" stuff undernated the MCP to the left and right of the pilots, its looks very dotted, doens't look right to me, hope u guys know what I meanROn Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Guest yurob70
Captains-Since we've been having a conversation about "diving deep into the details" I thought it might be rewarding for those of you who "dive deep into the threads" if we tossed a few full cockpit images down here...We have a full Virtual Cockpit preview thread in the works- but here is just a sample of what you'll be getting in the NGX.Notice the depth of color and texture detail in this VC. With the resources we have throughout the industry- we've been able to gain an unprecedented level of support to help make this simulation as visually appealing as it is deep.Some of my favorite details- (things that make this "feel" like an airplane) are the fingertip oil and surface wearing that is visible on the "six pack" annunciators next to the Caution/Fire lights. You can tell that other crews have been flying and working this cockpit, because traces of the use and wear are evident all over the flight deck....Here is a close-up view of the control stand. Almost looks like you can reach in an touch those levers, doesn't it? Looks at the edges of the seat cushions... the corners of the displays, the FMS keypads... We are pretty happy with the level of detail you are getting- and we haven't put nearly the dent in FPS performance that we had feared. It is still running significantly better than the MD-11...DISCLAIMER: These images are taken from an in-development product. Some things displayed on the screen are incorrect because they aren't complete, or because we have things turned on for trouble-shooting and completion... (Okay- that makes 3 updates in 6 weeks... so I'm averaging once every other week... Big Grin.gif )
OMG Awesome!!!!!!!!I Would give 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000Euro for this Plane AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JSUT OMG AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WUHU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CANT WAIT!!!!!

which will be more or less the price? :( MikyS
Better start saving then Miky :(

Rob Prest

3) Failure Module: Nobody asked, but eventually someone will... The NGX uses a highly sophisticated new failure module. This is the one we had hoped to develop for the J41. (No we will not make it backward compatible to older products... but the NGX and future products will use it.)
Robert, this sounds great. Please tell us more about this new and improved failure model.
6) Hard Copies of Manuals: It is currently planned that these will be available. We are working with Boeing and the manual publisher to ensure it is done correctly. (It would be unethical for us to simply provide you with a warmed over copy of intellectual property that is owned by Boeing... I find it disturbing how few add-on developers seem concerned by such a requirement. We purchase the rights to use and distribute their intellectual property- and we have already made the legal arrangements required to produce these manuals for you...) Ryan was "slightly" wrong above when he indicated that we might not produce these. The MD-11 manual sales met expectations but they were FAR too expensive. We are working with Boeing and the publisher to make these far more affordable...
You can count me in as a buyer of these. I didn't buy the MD-11 ones because I wasn't sure how much I would fly the plane, and printed out the pdfs to put into a binder. Once I realized that I had printed out 2/3 of the manual it didn't make much sense to buy it. This time, however, I'm buying, if more no other reason than to have a POH-like manual that I can actually use during flying, unlike a thick notebook which makes it difficult to find stuff.

This VC shot is looking great!!!! talk about drooling, wow

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Nice previews. And well done to PMDG on their marketing. Some people are critical of it, but then we get comments such as Yunus' above where he states that he will pay a million dollars for it. By the time they release, we will have all got so used to looking forward to it, and seeing all the previews, and building our expectations, to the extent that PMDG can simply name their price.... And most here will probably pay it! I certainly hope PMDG practice some price discrimination. Set the price high on release, then the hard core simmers can spend their £$£$£. Discount after a month or two, then the rest can come and have their fill. Its a bit like those poor passengers who need to fly somewhere for leisure but at peak business travel times... poor suckers. :)Good luck with the final development!Rob

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Guest klm1244

Stunning! Just stunning! The ammount of realism is even higher then my expectations. Just a question: will the displays(PFD, ND etc.) stay blue? Because in the very first pictures of this topic I saw a black display when you compared it to a real NG.Again, i'm amazed. Great job!Klm1244

PS..How come it still have the eyebrow windows? Isn´t that old, by that meaning new aircrafts are produced without???? Just wondering
Even those aircraft without eyebrow windows still have the window frames installed inside the cockpit. Those airplanes that have no windows have a plastic cover installed inside in place of the glass. This of course will be part of the product for those airplanes without the windows.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg