Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow, that shot is amazing... I took some seconds to see the FSX one! I just hope the exterior model is better than the last rendition... :( If I like what I see, I will polish my VISA and buy it. Didn't buy the competition knowing that PMDG will make er' much better...!Happy flyingAndreu Escuain

Captains-Well- I thought for certain I'd be giving you our second update much more quickly than I did. Sorry! Take some solace in knowing that when you don't see us here in the forum, it is because we are neck deep in the NGX final development push!
I can't wait for the next update in five weeks! (jk). Looking forward to more comprehensive previews and the documentation.

Looks GREAT! And I'd love to see the faces of a couple of persons who recently said in another forum, "bah, we don't need PMDG anymore" :)

I am still hoping for a heads up to what options will be available in the next update. But VC shots are still great.

I can't wait for the next update in five weeks! (jk). Looking forward to more comprehensive previews and the documentation.
About the documentation, I recall it has been asked before but not answered. Will the documentation be available before the plane release? I can´t remember what the procedure was with the Queen and the MD-11.

aswell as play with the NGX, you get to play with the 737-800 Resource plane!!!!! anyways good work fellas, cant wait for VC shots

About the documentation, I recall it has been asked before but not answered. Will the documentation be available before the plane release? I can´t remember what the procedure was with the Queen and the MD-11.
And, related to that: Will there be hard-copy manuals available, like there was for the MD-11? I thought that was the coolest thing, so I'll be first in line again!

Hi everyoneI would like to ask to the PMDG's guys about the implementation of the EGPWS: will be a terrain radar in addition of the VSD?

I only see shots from the VC.... any shots of the external any soon ?... in Royal Air Maroc livery of course !!!!!!!ThanksGreg

I know for the MD-11 when I ordered the hard copy pubs I recieved them about 2-3 weeks ahead of the release. So I had plenty of time to read them. Cannot remember when the PDF versions were uploaded to their site though. Think it was at least a few days before release. I think they are still deciding about whether to release hard manuals for NGX. If I remember correctly (Ryan can smack me if I misquote him) Ryan had said that they were pricing out options for doing the hard manuals, but made no promises. I enjoyed the ones for the MD-11, and plus it saved me from having to buy binders/paper/printer ink to make my own like for the J-41 & 744X. That takes a lot of time and effort. At least with the pre-bought it is ready to go, looks professional, and when I have EP's going the QRH is tabbed for all of that.

The manuals/tutorials are typically the last thing we do during development - I can't say for certain, but we usually try to make them available before hand. I have no idea on the hard copy manuals yet either, sorry - I know those didn't sell as well as we'd hoped with the MD-11 though, we only sold a handful of them.

Hi there,I can't believe you are adding an PWS to the NGX. That's what I always hope for...Cheers, Freddy

WOW, Im amazed! Since a friend of mine told me about flying the PMDG 747 years ago, it changed my simming life. Just remember how big the step is between Microsoft 747 and yours? And then I can't stop thinking how big the step will be between the PMDG 747 and the upcomming 737?!!! Simply amazing! Can't hardly believe the overall quality you guys put in it.One word: A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Keep programming the hydraulics stuff I don't even know of, it just makes me wan't to know more of it and I like it alot. Very nice. Now I need to find out what a POGO stick is !!!! ;) Jonathan Marsh

I wasn't really interested in the MD11 so as much as i had a wih for the hardcopy manuals i didn't buy them... for the 737 i think i'd take them... Any chance we could try something like a preorder system? if you don't print them we can use the money for the NGX? :) Just throwing an idea in... If not i'll have to see what i can get off my old color laser printer :)

Great news :) It was the pmdg logo that gave it away for me. Couldnt really tell any difference at all otherwise ;)Oh, and how about a youtube video of the beloved and awaited ngx? *big smile*

Not only that, photographs will show different color tones depending on the exposure level - I have multiple photos of the exact same PFD that I took on our survey trip that look different due to that, there's just flat out no real way to perfectly replicate what the eye sees. Even then, the tones change when you raise and lower the brightness on the screens etc.Trust me everyone, it is not going to get much better than what we're doing here as far as matching the real aircraft.
Hi Ryan,I am also curious to see how the flight dynamics (FDE) will "feel" like when flying them. I have the PMDG 737NG 600/700 for FS2004 so it would be fascinating to compare the two. Since I always do manual landings, I am wondering how the planes will react to the thrust levels which I think (believe from what I've heard) a 737 needs - lots of thrust. But the later generation models are possibly much more efficient gliders than the earlier NGs so I wanted to see the difference here.Does the 800/900 or later NGs glide much better than the earlier NGs like the 600/700 (kind of like the Airbus A320 glides, at least the PSS version I used to fly)? Just wondering. Thanks for all the information.John :(

preview preview and once again previewtalk talk and guess what, we talk some moreGetting pretty tired of hearing all about this wonderful product that comes sometimes in the futureWhy not paying attention to getting it done rather than discuss it and share tiny pictures of bits and pieces.If you think this is marketing, I would strongly recommend a great book by Phillip Kotler called Marketing management.So excuse my criticism, but enough is enough, why not keep it shut till the product is final?Sadly as a result of waiting and watching and hearing about glitches of expected realism, I am not looking forward to this product any more.Take that for public relations..Here is a tip for ya1. 3-6 preview large scale images of development2. Beta testing3. Alpha testing4. Advertising5. Release to market.(ENJOY)

Swap Alpha and Beta testing and you got it right...

preview preview and once again previewtalk talk and guess what, we talk some moreGetting pretty tired of hearing all about this wonderful product that comes sometimes in the futureWhy not paying attention to getting it done rather than discuss it and share tiny pictures of bits and pieces.If you think this is marketing, I would strongly recommend a great book by Phillip Kotler called Marketing management.So excuse my criticism, but enough is enough, why not keep it shut till the product is final?Sadly as a result of waiting and watching and hearing about glitches of expected realism, I am not looking forward to this product any more.Take that for public relations..Here is a tip for ya1. 3-6 preview large scale images of development2. Beta testing3. Alpha testing4. Advertising5. Release to market.(ENJOY)
Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif

So excuse my criticism, but enough is enough, why not keep it shut till the product is final?
Agree, but try to explain this to the "when more photos?" brigade.

I am lost for words! Speechless you might say Shocked.gifThis already surpasses my expectations for the main screens, I had been intrigued by your gauges and also the screens on the J41. But this surpasses it. By RR's comments on writing mathematical codes for... What ever that thing was, tells me, that this is every bit as real system wise that it is realistic to look at.Amazing.You guys are doing the 777 next, which is my favourite aircraft. I think the NG will be my favourite aircraft until then Kiss.gif

Glad you're not looking forward to it, that being said, I'm sure because you're not looking forward to it, WE will not have to read any of your awaful posts, anymore.There is a company named Ariane....they have terrible customers service, awful over-priced products and they never preview future products, I think you'd sit well with them. If you dont like how our Capitalist friends at PMDG are previewing there product (however they want too) then why are here? Why are you sick of s talking about it if your don't care...hmmmmm?Ron Hamilton