Sign in to follow this  
jfv

Garmin in the VC

After the patch things are generally pretty good with this plane, but Istill have a couple gripes.Why does the Garmin not display in the VC, the popup works, but it justlooks dead in the VC? Second, what about the altitude/VS control buttons, is it intentionalthat you cant hit arm/engage ? Comparing this to my F1 Pilatus, that'show I expect this to work.Last problem isn't something that you can 'fix' per se, but I find thatduring normal VC camera positions most the buttons are too hard to read,I end up having to zoom in on stuff, its rather annoying...Overall I feel someone mixed about this plane, were it Flight 1 I mightbe sending it back... but of course its not :(

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

The Garmin works in my VC...it has to be turned on separately from the pop-up. And I have been able to arm an altitude setting...both the ALT and the FD buttons need to be pressed to arm it.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

The Garmin works in my VC...it has to be turned on separately from the pop-up. And I have been able to arm an altitude setting...both the ALT and the FD buttons need to be pressed to arm it.
LOL, you're right, silly me, I had assumed that having the pop-up powered up shouldcorrespond to the one you see in the VC, but you're right, it works when I power thaton.As for the altitude, the small arm and engage buttons on the selector do NOT work,now if I select Altitude and then engage the AP, and then use the UP/DWN buttonsthere those work, but it doesn't seem to pay attention to the VS setting on theselector, nor can I find any way to make those buttons pushable.Since the patch the plane is flying very nicely though... I'm getting happier withthe thing as I fly it.Thanks for the correction!

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

As for the altitude, the small arm and engage buttons on the selector do NOT work,now if I select Altitude and then engage the AP, and then use the UP/DWN buttonsthere those work, but it doesn't seem to pay attention to the VS setting on theselector, nor can I find any way to make those buttons pushable.
If it works the same way as Carenado's Bonanza, the little buttons are indeed inop.Start by engaging AP and ALT hold. Then select the new altitude and vertical speed on theVS selector and the aircraft will climb or descend as commanded.

Bert

From what I've observed, there's no click spot to activate the cursor in the GPS. For example, if you go to the nearest airport list, or radio frequency list, how do you turn the cursor on?

From what I've observed, there's no click spot to activate the cursor in the GPS. For example, if you go to the nearest airport list, or radio frequency list, how do you turn the cursor on?
It's a lot like the Default GPS and the real one. I believe, you have to rotate the inner knob to get a cursor. On the real ones, you can do that or click in on the center knob (not on the sim version).I hope that helps!

It's a lot like the Default GPS and the real one. I believe, you have to rotate the inner knob to get a cursor. On the real ones, you can do that or click in on the center knob (not on the sim version).I hope that helps!
Thanks for the reply, but none of the knobs actually turn; you must click to the left or right of a knob to simulate it's turning. None of the clicks provide a cursor. So a work-around is assigning a FSX hotkey in the controls menu.

There is a spot but it's next to impossible to find.
The biggest problem to the clickspots are the fact that the knobs are in the way. When you remove the knobs with the utility to remove them, then the clickspots are not a problem. However if you keep the knobs there that is part of the model, then they obstruct the most of the clicksports and threfore I have adjusted the click spots as I cannot save my settings currently to permanently keep the knobs hidden. See below. Now I cann access ALL the clickspots in the GPS in VC view. (Personally I think Carenado could have done this themselves) I have adjusted the GPS to have a bigger clickspot for the curser in the VC mode. I also moved the Zoom section out the way as it cover a large portion of the terrain. I also have added a MAP/TERRAIN buttons to see terrain. newmodedfilea.jpgnewmodedfiled.jpgAs this gauge is 100% the same as the freeware gauge (available on flightsim.com from original developer: NEHR Gerd R) I do not see any problem sharing the adjusted gauge as long as the original developer still get credit for this gauge. For all practical reasons I adjusted the freeware version that work 100% here.Anyone wants it, can contact me at bliksimpie at gmail dot com