Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Can a defined Camera_View be assigned to a kb key

I would like to remove one of the seldom used "cockpit views" from the aircraft.cfg file and assign it to a keyboard key combination (like Ctrl+Shift+s) or similiar. Is this possible? Anyone got any tips on how to do this? Thanks.Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray,Surely. Look at the controls list: there are 6 unassigned "View Camera X (select)". You could basically set up the camera and assign a hot key combination to it that is not yet currently in use. Something like this[CameraDefinition.00x]Title = My Occasional ViewGuid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5} // keep this if you are using an existing camera - create a new one if it's a new camera.Description = This is my new camera viewOrigin = Cockpit..Category = CockpitHotKeySelect=5in the controls this might be "View Camera 5 (Select)" that you would assign a key to since #4 is the last standard one (F12).I added an extra hotkey camera a couple years ago; the details are hazy but I know it is possible.You might spend some time in the SDK cameras and views documentation. View online at Microsoft if you don't have it installed. Also use the Guid generator mentioned there if you are creating a NEW camera - it will need a good Guid.ESP SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526948.aspxLoyd

Ray,Surely. Look at the controls list: there are 6 unassigned "View Camera X (select)". You could basically set up the camera and assign a hot key combination to it that is not yet currently in use. Something like this[CameraDefinition.00x]Title = My Occasional ViewGuid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5} // keep this if you are using an existing camera - create a new one if it's a new camera.Description = This is my new camera viewOrigin = Cockpit..Category = CockpitHotKeySelect=5in the controls this might be "View Camera 5 (Select)" that you would assign a key to since #4 is the last standard one (F12).I added an extra hotkey camera a couple years ago; the details are hazy but I know it is possible.You might spend some time in the SDK cameras and views documentation. View online at Microsoft if you don't have it installed. Also use the Guid generator mentioned there if you are creating a NEW camera - it will need a good Guid.ESP SDK: http://msdn.microsof...y/cc526948.aspxLoyd
Thanks Loyd for the quick and detailed reply. I am going to set started and see what comes of it. Thanks again.Ray

Well, I got the view working with the key assignment, which is great, however, the view is also in the cycle when pressing the 'A" key for the VC views. (not what I want). I need to figure out how to only have the "occasional view" when selected by the key combination (hotkey=5) and not in the standard cycle of the "A" key.Is that doable?Thanks.Ray

Well, I got the view working with the key assignment, which is great, however, the view is also in the cycle when pressing the 'A" key for the VC views. (not what I want). I need to figure out how to only have the "occasional view" when selected by the key combination (hotkey=5) and not in the standard cycle of the "A" key.Is that doable?Thanks.Ray
Maybe with the EZ-Dok camera? Have you got that add-on?

Nope, its on my Christmas wish list though. Thanks.

ooops, sorry.Add "CycleHidden = True" to ANY camera which you don't wish to appear in rotation. It's still there, you just have to use hotkey or menu.You can also set Category = Custom to move it away from a standard group.<whisper> you can read more at my wiki pages: http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.php/FSX_Camera_Introduction </whisper>Loyd

ooops, sorry.Add "CycleHidden = True" to ANY camera which you don't wish to appear in rotation. It's still there, you just have to use hotkey or menu.You can also set Category = Custom to move it away from a standard group.<whisper> you can read more at my wiki pages: http://forums.flight...ra_Introduction </whisper>Loyd
<whisper> I'm on my way over to the link now. <Thanks, Loyd>Ray

<whisper> I'm on my way over to the link now. <Thanks, Loyd>Ray
Holy moley, I didn't know there was that much information available on any single subject, must less, fsx cameras. Wow. I'll be reading a week just to get an overview. Thanks for the tip and thanks for posting the million word wiki.RayM

I have 2d on custom cat and vc on cockpit cat in my global cameras so I can go s / shift-s back and forth.scott s..

I have 2d on custom cat and vc on cockpit cat in my global cameras so I can go s / shift-s back and forth.scott s..
I hadn't thought much about those available assignments in a long time. One issue I'm just now encountering is how many hands I need for multiplayer flying when I have a hand on the stick, one on the throttle, another is needed for the mic, one for speedbrake (in jets) and when I'm rushed I'm hitting "S" instead of "A" to switch views - if I send myself to a (distant) tower view it clobbers the scenery, takes 10 to 30 seconds to get back to full resolution. Since I never use those landing light adjustment assignments or keyboard flight controls, I'm starting to consider moving the frequent camaras to the number pad and quit depending on the A and the S keys. It might be the better temporary solution in this case.When it comes time to replace the venerable Flightstick, I'll get something more programmable and perhaps it won't be such an issue then...Loyd

I assign my 4 most used camera definition hotkeys to the #2 hat switch onmy X-45 stick. With a flick of my thumb I can go from the left seat tothe right seat or to a FE view or overhead panel, depending on the VCI'm flying in. Paul

Wide-5.jpg

ooops, sorry.Add "CycleHidden = True" to ANY camera which you don't wish to appear in rotation. It's still there, you just have to use hotkey or menu.You can also set Category = Custom to move it away from a standard group.<whisper> you can read more at my wiki pages: http://forums.flight...ra_Introduction </whisper>Loyd
This is very helpful information, thank you.Do you know how to disable track ir panning when in spot view without having to hit the F9 key?