Sign in to follow this  
TC1

An interesting approach

This evening while on final approach into KMSP, the "aircraft" that was directly ahead of Boeing was a cruise ship. I was somewhat tempted to see what gate it would be assigned.Tom

Ha! All you have to do is find the "Title=" parameter in the aircraft.cfg file of the Cruise Ship and change the name slightly. That would, however, render any legitimate flight plans useless because they will not be able to find the AI Ship either. The alternative is to start renaming your traffic.bgl files to traffic.xxx until the ship stops flying. Any idea how many traffic.bgl files you have..a lot...a few?Mark

First off I have no pics, but it was my second major error that I have seen in my past 5-10 flights. The other error was a Coast Guard Cutter awaiting take off at Chicago Midway.I'm using Traffic 2004 (payware) and GA-Traffic (freeware) to drive the bulk of my AI traffic. The cruise ship I believe was from one of my Alaska scenery packages. In both cases it is most likely an error that I created months ago while messing with the two AI programs that is just showing up now when I kick up the AI flight percentages.Although I don't have the program, it would have been kind of interesting to see the Aerosoft AES equipments pull up to the cruise ship. Tom

Hi Tom,I can't be of too much help here as I am having major problems with my new computer and Haven't even got FS installed at the moment. I can however tell you one thing for certain when the Freeware GA Traffic compiled it will have picked up just about anything in your aircraft folder and assigned it flight plans as GA, had the same problem myself. It is easy if a little time consuming to solve, in the GA Traffic program there is a section which lists all the models available and assigned to be used as GA Traffic. Just go into that section and deselect any item you don't want the program to use as AI.Regards.Peter

Tom, if you could post a screen shot of the ships then I'm almost certain that someone here will be able to tell you what aircraft folder to look in. They could probably even tell you which Title=ShipName it is and then all you would have to do is search for duplicates. I use textpad which has a find in files search but there are many freeware programs that do it as well. That would be another way of finding the issue with, (possibly), the least amount of bother. At least to me that is! I would love to see a screen shot of that regardless...it's kind of cool :)Mark

Using the "Most Realistic AI" module when close to the ship you could probably get the basic details you need to trace it.Dave

It appears that GA-Traffic had three ships listed as being flyable. I removed their capability to create a flight plan, or basically unqualified them from having a valid flight plan. At the time of the errors I was setting my AI Traffic at 100%. I normally set the slider closer to 80%. I have not seen a flying ship in the past couple of flights. Thanks for the interest and the help.Tom