Sign in to follow this  
Guest SimAvi8r

No CDI Needle Movement on Approach Hold

Guest SimAvi8r

When flying an ILS approach, the NAV1 and NAV2 frequencies are properly set to the runway ILS / Localizer Frequency. The Course Window is set to the proper direction. Yet, when I approach the glideslope / localizer 'feather', the CDI needle doesn't move at all. In fact, it doesn't move even after I pass directly by it. Procedurally, should I be selecting APPCH HOLD as I turn off the base leg to final? Shouldn't the CDI be moving towards the center of the HSI?This problem occurs regardless of aircraft. I am using FS2004 on a Windows Vista x64 operating system with FSUIPC 3.989 (the most recent version for FS2004) installed. The scenery is also properly installed, and nav frequencies and course settings verified through FSNavigator 4.6. What am I doing wrong, if anything? This has been a frustrating problem for me when flying on VATSIM, as I rely on this CDI movement to tell me I'm getting close. On VATSIM, this has resulted in several missed approaches. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled FS2004, thinking I could remove a latent bug somewhere, and it hasn't helped. I'm trying to provide as much information as I can to eliminate suggestions I have already tried.Has this happened to anyone before, and if so, what can be done to fix it?Thanks In Advance!

After you reinstalled FS, did you try it without any addons?Does the CDI work with VORs or GPS?Did you check the frequencies on FS' own map?Do you get a signal on the navradio?Do you get any flags on the gauge?Does the glideslope work?If you place the plane on the ILS and turn on approach autopilot, does it follow the ILS?

Do you have the NAV/GPS switch turned to NAV?Did you tune the correct frequency into the NAV1 radio?