Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

GeForceFX128DDR FX5200

Guest Mike20

Hi all anyone out there with this card, is it a good card worth buying as I cant afford a realy expensive one and this would upgrade from my GeForce2 64 GTS ultra many thanks for any advice regards to all Mike

Guest odog

I have the Verto 5200FX ultra and I love it. I have none of the performance issues that are so prevelant for some.I get on average 20-25fps (hard tweaked)(medium-high settings 1280x1024x32, no AA or AF) with a AMD Athlon XP 1700+.I use it for CFSIII, BF1942, and NWN. It really kicks on those older games. (60+ fps in CFS)its not the best by far, but I wouldnt trade it at this point. Seemed to fit in well with my 2yr old rig.I was told the AGP was the way to go, not PCI. I almost got the PCI by mistake, cuz Im not a guru and it was my first major upgrade to this system.My old video was so bad, that maybe im blinded by the difference, But I would rate it a 9.5, because I got so much for what I paid (90 us $)good luck with your choice.joe

Guest Mike20

>I have the Verto 5200FX ultra and I love it. I have none of>the performance issues that are so prevelant for some.>>I get on average 20-25fps (hard tweaked)(medium-high settings>1280x1024x32, no AA or AF) with a AMD Athlon XP 1700+.>>I use it for CFSIII, BF1942, and NWN. It really kicks on those>older games. (60+ fps in CFS)>>its not the best by far, but I wouldnt trade it at this point.>Seemed to fit in well with my 2yr old rig.>>I was told the AGP was the way to go, not PCI. I almost got>the PCI by mistake, cuz Im not a guru and it was my first>major upgrade to this system.>>My old video was so bad, that maybe im blinded by the>difference, But I would rate it a 9.5, because I got so much>for what I paid (90 us $)>>good luck with your choice.>>joe>>Hi Joe many thanks for the advice as you say its not the rolls royce of cards but its all I can afford at the moment mine is an AMD athalon 2.2 so I hope I see a bit of improvment from my old 64meg GTS ultra card this one has 128 meg and I think its agp so heres hoping kind regards Mike

Guest Jim Burke

Hi - I have the FX5200 and have no problems. FS9 runs on my P4 2gz 512 DDR ram very smooth. Most sliders are 3/4 and I have the frames locked at 20. Every once in a while I will get a stutter in turns taxiing at the larger airports. The October 03 issue of PC World says you don't have to spend the big bucks to be happy with a video card, in fact they mention the FX5200. I could afford a better card butI use my computer for a lot more than FS and don't see the need.Jim B.