Sign in to follow this  
downloader12

NGX and 744X

yes i made antoher post of the 744 i want to know how to use the autopilot like engage it and auto throtle (yes i know i spelt throtle wrong and spelt) like by pictures and not videos but also in the ngx will we have the option to have a freighter if there are any :( and if there are to be like the captian sim freighters im not comparing captian sim is wayyyy better:Whistle: just kidden but seriously will here be freight trucks and stairs as a keyboard option thanksBrandon Danyluk

Not to be mean, but punctuation is your best friend. Spell check as well. I would love to answer your question but I cant understand it.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Same here. I saw and left a few minutes ago thinking it was spam, but on second glance it looks like there are mixed questions.1 - How to use the 747's Autopilot and Auto throttle2 - He wants pictures rather than people link videos3 - He wants to know if the NGX will have a freighter variant and if it will have trucks, stairs and "Keyboard option"?Answers:1 - Check out the manuals and tutorials, there are several and no one can be expected to teach you that in a post. I highly recommend AOA Media's. DVD's and Web training!2 - Then PDF tutorials are what you want. Check the PMDG web site for their Checkrides.3 - Ask that quesion in the related NGX topic here.As for this whole post (minus the NGX Question), it would get better answered in the actual 747 section here.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest acezboy561

Captain Sim isnt better than PMDG-Captain Sim's 767 wont even decend even when programed into the FMC. The 707 may be better, but I dont know.

I take it you are new to advanced payware aircraft, in which case I cannot strongly recommend enough to read the manual at least twice the sections concerning auto flight and the Flight Management System. It covers everything you need to know about the different modes and what they do, as well as how to master the FMS and make it your slave, not the other way around.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

there 767 is good but not great.As for the NGX, there arent any NExt gen 737 Freighters i think, just the classics, but i may be wrong.

Guest acezboy561
I take it you are new to advanced payware aircraft, in which case I cannot strongly recommend enough to read the manual at least twice the sections concerning auto flight and the Flight Management System. It covers everything you need to know about the different modes and what they do, as well as how to master the FMS and make it your slave, not the other way around.
If you were replying to me, when I had the LVL D 767 it would decend applying the same steps as the CS 767, but the CS 767 wont decend no matter what I do (i have to do it manually).

If you were replying to me, when I had the LVL D 767 it would decend applying the same steps as the CS 767, but the CS 767 wont decend no matter what I do (i have to do it manually).
No, I was responding to the OP. However, I have heard bout the CS what you say. But the Level D is far from perfect in this regard as well. I find that if you dont start the descent manually at about 5 miles prior to the TOD, and just let the FMS transition from cruise to VNAV path on its own, it will send the aircraft into a death descent. It is fine in the fact that it will not cause FSX to deem your plane crashed nor is the dive unrecoverable. But I fly with FSPax, and the VNAV path descent of 5500 ft/min heeps massive penalties on me.But I have found FMS issues with just about every single add plane I own (cannot fly good RNAV with the Maddog, Eaglesoft Citation X has some issues figuring out a decent path and their Vprofile can easily get messed up, Level Ds crazy descent). The only two planes whose FMS's I feel are fully simualted (to the extend I can tell in FSX), and is functional in all the matters in which it is supposed to be, is the PMDG 744, and the feelthere ERJs. Those FMSs are perfect. Can put in a route, updated via Navigraph, easily alter the route, easily alter the Vnav path, full functionality, and will not complely screw up a RNAV approach path. That is one of the reasons I am so loooking forward to the 737 NGX.I fly into KPSP, which has a very short runway, so the 744 is out, but tend to fly the MD80 there very often. When I try to fly the RNAV, the Leo Maddog will have right turns where left turns are required, and I need to fly the approach using the ND, instead of flying based on the FD like I am supposed to. It seems to me that good avionics in payware FSX aircraft is a very hard thing to come by, which makes PMDG all the more special. And with the JS4100 and now the NGX, not only does it seems their avionics and glass indicators fuction the way their realworld counterparts do, they look just like them as well.Man I cannot wait for the 737 NGX.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Thanks for noticing that Scott - I've long thought our FMSs were the best (I'm biased, I'll admit tongue.gif) but people really just do not realize the level of fidelity Dr. Vaos puts into the VNAV implementation and stuff like that. The MD-11 FMS's PROF logic is basically identical to the real thing, and that's about to go up a whole other level with the NGX's support for all the RNP derived approaches now.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

guys i was jokeing of the captian sim and also thanks for replying i never imagined this much help of the flight sim flyers and thanks for the help but some buttons on the fmc dont work and i finally figured it out :( but the autothrotle and auto pilot i just want to know how to engage it thats all thanks and weres the spell check thankssorryBrandon Danyluk

The Auto pilot is engaged by pressing one of the three CMD buttons on the far right of the MCP, or by pressing the "Z" key on your keyboard.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier