Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rex247

Blurries in DX10

Guest Rex247

I was experimenting with DX10 today and no matter what change I make with the AF, all of my tiles are coming out blurry. I was running in unlimited frames mode and I read that lowering the target frame rate would fix it, but I got the same result at 20.DX9:fsx2010-09-2617-58-47-21.jpgDX10:fsx2010-12-0521-45-56-56.jpgHere's my TP file:master_enable=Ondiskless_mode=Offoffline_mode=Nomax_lod=15preload_min_lod=9preload_max_lod=15max_contexts=512water_mask=Onwater_blending=Onblend_distance=1000.0blend_exponent=1.0alpha_min=0.2678alpha_max=0.7water_rgb=#000D1Awater_smoothing=Offwater_threshold=0.25cache_bytes_limit=1024000000cache_tiles_limit=150000source=Service Example 3menu_sources="Service Example 1|Service Example 2|Service Example 3|Service Example 4"enable_hooking=Noenable_dx9hook=Noenable_movingmap=Nomovingmap_alpha=255movingmap_color=#ff000000movingmap_xpos=88movingmap_ypos=15movingmap_width=50movingmap_height=80movingmap_radius=60[service Example 3]cache_folder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\cache.service3network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=****************************************x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|agent=Mozilla/4.0"min_level=9max_level=15color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25map_version=1.9Here's my CFG://Testing DX10[GRAPHICS]TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0//ALLOW_SHADER_30=1//SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=9872430[sCENERY]//SUNGLARE=1LENSFLARE=1DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=0[DISPLAY]BLOOM_EFFECTS=0SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30[MAIN]Maximized=0DisablePreload=1[PANELS]QUICKTIPS=0PANEL_OPACITY=100[TERRAIN]LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=22TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25AUTOGEN_DENSITY=0DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=6[Display.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series.0]MipBias=6Anisotropic=1[WEATHER]CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3DETAILED_CLOUDS=1CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7THERMAL_VISUALS=0DownloadWindsAloft=1DisableTurbulence=0[TrafficManager]AirlineDensity=0GADensity=0FreewayDensity=0ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0LeisureBoatsDensity=0IFROnly=0AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=0[bufferPools]PoolSize=5000000Hope you can help!

Rex,some of your settings are not "matched"Start with FSX: TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25you have it set for 1m resolution. Your lod_max is correctly matched max_lod=15but....cache_folder=C:\Program Files\.....network_module=libnettilemodule_config="conn=20|rate=2.0|min_level=9max_level=15.You've told the server to give you a max resolution of 5m (level 15).This should be max_level=17; This "level" number should always be 2 higher than the lod numbers to keep them matched.HOWEVER: you can leave this level max set to 17 ( min level 10 is the lowest res that TP makes or FSX displays - you only use 9 to replace 10 if you are level mapping (which you don't seem to be doing)I used to change the lod_max and level_max together until I finally realized that it isn't necessary. The highest res that TP will make for you is set by lod_max. So long as level is adequate to get the highest you will ever ask for, it doesn't need to be changed.My recommendation? Setmin_level=10max_level=19and change ONLY the LOD_MAX at the top (and FSX, as needed)Hint: don't "judge" 1m imagery from below 1000-1500', or 2m from below 3000'. Blurry can also come from the long time it takes to bring the nearest scenery into 'focus', especially if there are a lot of other settings on high.BTW, those pix look pretty good. If you think it's not up to standards, you'd have to specify precise lat/lon so I/we can go look at the same spot for comparison. Maybe it's as good as it can be right there...Loyd

Guest Rex247

It's back to being beautiful, thanks Lliaudais!fsx2010-12-0600-09-21-25.jpgWell TP's fixed, time to go fix everything else.

It's back to being beautiful, thanks Lliaudais!fsx2010-12-0600-09-21-25.jpgWell TP's fixed, time to go fix everything else.
Ahhh. I know that feeling. The new pic does look more crisp. Glad that did it.L.