Sign in to follow this  
Guest jdrago

PanelAsTexture and 45.23s

Guest jdrago

Hi Guys,I'm having a strange problem that I need help with. I have been reading a lot about the PanelAsTexture line for the fs9.cfg file. I'm currently running an Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra (256mb) on the 45.23 drivers. Currently my driver settings are set to "application" for AA and AF. I have AA turned on in FS2004.When I add the line PanelAsTexture=0 to my fs9.cfg file, and relaunch, I get no 2d panels in the default AC.I then turned AA off in FS and turned it on (2x) via the Nvidia drivers. I relaunched, and got a mostly blacked out FS menu and navigation upon. Mouse-overing areas of the screen temporarily reveal FS underneath.So, I backed out the change, set everything back to how it was before, and no problems.Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. I would like to take advantage of the "fix" if it works on my setup.Thanks in advance,JD

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I had the same problem with the black menus with nVidia Ti 4200 (64Mb).I found the only solution is to turn off the antialising from within FS (which give me better performance too), and turn the AA setting on the advanced settings of the VGA to 4x. When set to 2x or Off, I get black menus, 4x and menus are normal!Note that I run FS9 in full screen 1024x768x32.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest jdrago

Hi George,Thanks for the note. I did as you suggested, but still have the black menus. I run in 1024x768x32 as well. I had to set the driver AA up to 8x to see the menus!! Not sure what performance hit I will take as I need to test.If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.Thanks- JD

Guest jdrago

Quick update:When setting my AA in my drivers to 8x so I can see the menus, I caused totally blurry 2d and other images. Strange. This is with the PanelAsTexture=0 in my fs9.cfg.Back to the drawing board!-JD