Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

FS9 crashes AFTER closing (?!?)

Here's a weird one:I get a message that FS9 has crashed AFTER I close out the program.Actual operation is great since the switch of operating systems. It doesn't really affect anything, but is very strange. System Specs:WinXP ProPentium IV 2 GHZ, 1024 MB PC133 RAMATI Radeon 9600 Pro Omega XP driversMichael VerlinHistoric Jetliners Group

I am experiencing this same problem. Program has never shut down without this same error message.Looking for an easy fix without reinstall.XP HomeAthlon XP2000+GF Ti 4600 128MB1 Ghz PC2300 Ram

When I sometimes CTRL-ALT-DEL after closing FS9, to see if it has really closed down, once in a while it still seems to be running (with the not responding-message). This is on WinMe.As said, it happens occasionally, and very random.[p]

Hi,This also happened to me as long as I had SSW

Staffan

Guest firehawk44

It sounds like your video card or sound card drivers are not shutting down properly after you exit causing an exception. You didn't indicate the error message but I recommend you check out the Troubleshooting section located in the Menu under Help after you start the sim. MS has detailed info on how to define an error msg and several knowledge base articles concerning errors for you to research. Hope this helps and you can find a fix.Jim Young

Mike,You still using Easy Gauge?I moved gaugesound.dll out of my System32 folder last night while debugging one of my guage creations and encountered exactly the situtation you describe. Put it back and the problem went away...Doug Dawson

One other issue that you might look at is that I had a similar problem when I was running FSUIPC 3.04; I fundamentally ignored it because it was more of a nuisance than anything else since the program was already closed by the time the error appeared and all I had to do was to tell Windows to forget about it in terms of sending the error. I did notice that FSUIPC 3.05 resolved it and I have not seen it since, so if you happen to be using < 3.05 you might want to download the later version.Just an observation.