Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Thoughts on Wilco/Feelthere EJets?

I can send you a list of bugs if you want them!
I'm kinda interested. Could you please list a few?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Wow, this was one of the weirdest threads I have read in a while with all the stuff the banned fellow posted.On the subject of the E-Jets, I own the 170/190 package and must admit that I dont really care for it very much. I do like the sound package and the exterior model is not bad, plus the FPS and performance are good, but I really dont like the cockpit lighting very much when you are flying at dawn or dusk. For me its just one of those planes that I bought thinking I was going to use a lot, then once I installed it ended up not really caring for it as much as I though I would.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow, this was one of the weirdest threads I have read in a while with all the stuff the banned fellow posted.
But worth it for the "stupid Latin parrot" appellation, which I fully intend to make use of in conversation from now on...

Well, to all of those that posted useful comments, thank you! I appreciate the insight! I think I'll steer clear of them!

I have v.1 and I enjoy it very much. It is very performance friendly and it has very good systems modelling. There is a fully functional FMC. The 2D panels and sounds are great as well. I find the virtual cockpit and night lighting lacking in comparison to other products, but that doesn't bother me very much. If you are looking to learn to fly something different than the traditional Boeing (or Airbus), then I highly recommend this product.

Guest wims

Maybe that guy just used arabic terms that are not really translatable to english, but then again he did make a kinda weird post on the vatsim board a few months back as well. The thread title was kinda inappropriate :D

I wouldn't be quick to steer clear of the Ejets or ERJs. I have both and enjoy them. They look very nice and there is some meat to the systems. The Ejets are competition to the smaller Boeing and Airbus offerings and the EJRs are regional jets without quite so many bells and whistles. I'm flying one right now, in fact.

Do a search on Wilco/Feelthere and read for a bit. FT is timely and usually produces passing, B, B+ material. That is an average too: some parts of a given product are totally A+ (like the displays on the Jungle and E-jets), but other things bring that average down. As someone else said, you'll often hit dead-ends and, at times, very asinine things that just never get fixed (disco lights on Jungle Jets V.2). They do what they do and, to their credit, they are fairly prolific. Their output ration versus the top-quality houses (pretty much PMDG now really) is like 4:1. There is enjoyment to be had from their products and I'd say FT is improving all the time.Honestly, if you want to sim EMBRAER, there is no equal. However, there will be flaws and frustration. Of course, YMMV.Do a search on Wilco/Feelthere and read for a bit. FT is timely and produced passing, B, B+ material at times. But, as someone else said, you'll often hit dead-ends and, at times, very asinine things that just never get fixed (disco lights on Jungle Jets V.2). They do what they do and, to their credit, they are fairly prolific. Their output ration versus the top-quality houses (pretty much PMDG now really) is like 4:1. There is enjoyment to be had from their products and I'd say FT is improving all the time.Honestly, if you want to sim EMBRAER, there is no equal. However, there will be flaws and frustration. Of course, YMMV.

I think I'll steer clear of them!
That depends on how much you want an EMBRAER. If you do, you'll be making a mistake to steer clear.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Maybe that guy just used arabic terms that are not really translatable to english, but then again he did make a kinda weird post on the vatsim board a few months back as well. The thread title was kinda inappropriate :D
Yeah that is a little wierd. Any post that starts with "I will cut you fingers and..." seems like it doesn't have good intentions to begin with.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm kinda interested. Could you please list a few?
In VNAV alone there are a few. Haven't you noticed them?

The lighting of the virtual cockpit of the E-jet is effectively not very good.But that is , in my eyes, the only negative point. Otherwise the product is highly recommendable.Excellent model and simulation of the flight guidance/autoflight.Guy

Thanks again guys for the good comments. I'm a little torn on this. I have the Legacy and 737PIC and CRJ from them. I am always skeptical of anything they make since the CRJ (since they went to UK Wilcopub). I wish everyone was like Flight 1 so we could try them.When my airline (a Caravan operator), payed for Republic to bring down EMB 170's to don our paint job and fly, I got interested in them since I rode jumpseat a few times. I also have about 5 good friends that are flying EMB 170-195's, and I too would love to fly them if I could find a job anywhere!!!Maybe I'll give it a shot. It'll fill my short route niche until the PMDG 737X, since I have CS 767, PMDG MD11 and 744X to fill the long routes!

I like to add that the V2 ERJ and E-Jets from Feelthere seem way better better to me than the Version 1 stuff before. I think the critics and reviews give this picture too.I don't own the Version 1 titles but I read a lot about them because I considered to buy them.Reading anything about V2 gave me a total different picture about those simulated aircraft and, as I mentioned earlier, I'm quite confident with value, function and professionalism in workmanship.The only complains I read about were the 2D glareshield (not a big bummer, but worth mentioning) and the night lighting. The last point is overrated in my eyes, I have no problem with it, but of course, some pure FSX multistage lighting would have been fine. But if you look at the market today, the titles with such a feature a rare (sadly).In fact, I wouldn't overemphasize this glitch. There's some other aircraft around, from a big name in the business too, delivering just nice optics, wrong systems, lots of errors and all at nearly the same price. That's the one that stays in my hangar all the time, even with 1.20 update applied while the E-Jets V2 and ERJ V2 are often flown.Don't mix up the Wilco releases with the pure Feelthere ones. Talking about 737PIC and CRJ isn't the same as talking about those mentioned V2 titles.Scoob from Feelthere made the difference clear in this threadhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/295078-now-that-the-aerosoft-thing-is-out/page__p__1823200__hl__wilcos__fromsearch__1#entry1823200

Hi Guys,Really quick before I go to bed here in Hawaii. I just downloaded the package, and flew a few circuits. Seems to hand fly real nice, and feels manageable like the EMB's seemed from the cockpit.Just a few questions though:1. Anyone else have issues with a lot of oscillations holding ALT?2. Is anyone else's main VC view offset? It is as if my view sits behind the Captain's seat, off to the right of center (looking at about the right side of the Ram's horn yoke.That seems to be it, but does anyone know how to extend a runway's centerline?Thanks!Now to consider paying for paints...