Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

Widescreen 747

Would benefit from a widescreen 2D panel?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would benefit from a widescreen 2D panel?

Hi,There have been a few people on here asking about a widescreen panel for the 747. Did anyone manage to build one? Im pretty sure someone did, but they were refused permission to post it.I dont think PMDG would mind, and they are currently hosting other 'custom built' panels on their website:http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/useredits.htmlWould it be possible to get a widescreen one, for those of us who are using monitors that is less than 3 years old? :-)Dont get me wrong the plane is perfectly functional, but it would be nice to see the gauges as intended.Thanks for your help / input.

There have been a few people on here asking about a widescreen panel for the 747. Did anyone manage to build one? Im pretty sure someone did, but they were refused permission to post it.
Hi Adrian!Yes, I well remember their post, since I was very keen to try it out. The poster said he was going on holiday and asked for patience, which he duly got. The odd thing was, when I came to look for that post again a few weeks later, it had mysteriously disappeared (at least, I spent quite a while searching for it with no success). So I posted asking for news, and now that post seems to have disappeared too. Hmm. Conspiracy theorists will make of this what they will... But I don't remember reading that permission had been refused (and, as you pointed out, there's a precedent for this). Furthermore, it's obvious that a widescreen implementation would be a big improvement, as well as being a fairly simple update that seems somewhat overdue.Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

probably shouldn't say this, but i would even pay for a 744 widescreen panel!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

probably shouldn't say this, but i would even pay for a 744 widescreen panel!
Same here. The Queen is still my favourite ac in FS world.Best.Miquel Egea.

I would pay without question. At least as much as for the 747-8i addon (which I don't enjoy that much to tell the truth).

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077