Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Another Test Flight -- Pauses at Arrival Airport Gone

Tried another FS9 test this morning. The weather here in Cleveland was rainy and overcast, just the perfect test for FS9. I used the PMDG 737-700 and flew to Baltimore.I turned Autogen OFF, turned off the ATC (used Radar Contact), and turned the 3D cloud percentage to 0%. I also used FSMeteoe 6.01.Results:The flight was normal with one exception. FSMeteoe has a little ding that rings everytime it updates your weather. Every time this occurred, the sim stuttered while it rendered new clouds. As soon as it was completed, the stutters went away. (A note here: The clouds look pretty good even with the 3D cloud percentage at 0%).On arrival at KBWI I was expecting pauses and stutters but they never occurred. Apparently, the Autogen is the culprit causing the severe pauses at arrival airports. Others may want to check this.I believe that the cloud rendering causes the stutters if you use real world weather. I've seen posters in this forum state that they have no stuttering but later they indicate that they set up using only a layer of light cirrus which indicates to me that they are not using any real world weather generation (FS9, ActiveSky, or FSMeteoe).I ran this test with Augogen OFF, 3d Clouds OFF, and ATC OFF. The only stuttering that occurred was when the clouds were re-generating.Steve

Guest Wizard

I agree Autogen is a culprit ,whether it be on land or in the clouds..and depending ..where..(areas). I just finished a flight around the island of Barabados..with a mesh add-on. used the Rob chop.I had most sliders maxed , except for clouds (min) res 1600x? I averaged 15-20-25 fps.The lowest was 10, out the left rear view.The tour was impressive! The wather was haze with cloud, I do not even know if this was realtime wx as I am unsure if FS9wx is operating properly. The sim did not bog down into a slide show on arrival and taxi at TBDB, However,Put me in other areas (same settings) a bitof cloud geneartiing..the system exvetually bogs to 9-12-fps and lower? AUTOgen in some places??No!Mb ps I enjoyed the sim at this point.at other times, ya , I am a whiner! :) but for obvious reasons :)

Shameless plug - If you want to use Autogen without the performance hit, see my post :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP