Is anyone using trackir 5 with success on FSX; if someone does have the unit working could you pass on your settings? It sounded like a great idea for flying the Citation Mustang in VC but so far it has been a big time waster.I have spent quite a lot of time trying to install, uninstall and than reinstall the unit.I have followed every cue in the software manual, all with no success.I have been on the trackir forums and received some suggestions mostly from war games users and road racers.The moderator is cheerful but has no answers.The view is impossible; the slightest head movement causes the view to flash side to side, even to back in the cabin.It is impossible to slow down the oscillations or center the view regardless of what combination of settings that I try. If someone does have the unit working could you pass on your settings? I am close to dumping it on eBay as a bad idea.

Is anyone using trackir 5 with success on FSX; if someone does have the unit working could you pass on your settings? It sounded like a great idea for flying the Citation Mustang in VC but so far it has been a big time waster.I have spent quite a lot of time trying to install, uninstall and than reinstall the unit.I have followed every cue in the software manual, all with no success.I have been on the trackir forums and received some suggestions mostly from war games users and road racers.The moderator is cheerful but has no answers.The view is impossible; the slightest head movement causes the view to flash side to side, even to back in the cabin.It is impossible to slow down the oscillations or center the view regardless of what combination of settings that I try. If someone does have the unit working could you pass on your settings? I am close to dumping it on eBay as a bad idea.
HelloWell thousands of simmers think it is anything but a bad idea.So lets get you set up, TrackIR will change your Sim experience totally once you have it set up correctly1: Go to the following link and download the Optimised flight profilehttp://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=38618#Post386182: drop it in wherever your profiles are stored usually C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles\ on 64bitOr C:\Program Files\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles\ on 32bit3: set the optimised flight profile to exclusive load4: set the center function to a joystick or yoke buttonPM me if you need further assistance.

I've experienced something similar to you with TIR5. It was related to the amount of light in the room, try to decrease the amount of light in the room to minimum and see if you notice any difference and work your way up from there.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Hi, thank you MAD DOG, Thank you for your time explaining how to setup the Trackir 5 for FSX. I just returned from a turn-around flight in my real time job and gave it a go.IMO the real world is not as difficult as the trackir sim hardware but maybe that is just me.I added your settings for FSX-Trackir and darkened the room even more. Wife wonders "what's going on in there?".The screen is still jumpy but at least I can look side to side, impossible to use the panels.I will use it on occasion and work with tweaks when I have time. Thanks again.I had no idea when I purchased this add-on that it required tweaking a complex set-up for using it in FSX.

Hi, thank you MAD DOG, Thank you for your time explaining how to setup the Trackir 5 for FSX. I just returned from a turn-around flight in my real time job and gave it a go.IMO the real world is not as difficult as the trackir sim hardware but maybe that is just me.I added your settings for FSX-Trackir and darkened the room even more. Wife wonders "what's going on in there?".The screen is still jumpy but at least I can look side to side, impossible to use the panels.I will use it on occasion and work with tweaks when I have time. Thanks again.I had no idea when I purchased this add-on that it required tweaking a complex set-up for using it in FSX.
HelloThere is something else going on there, on all the TrackIR models I have owned it was just a case of loading the software, plugging in and then some fine tuning to the light filtering , speeds, smoothing ect.I totally forgot about this tutorial:http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=384Written for the earlier software the techniques are still valid and it is well worth reading.