Sign in to follow this  
ericd19320

precipitaion question

Hi,I have had this problem for a while but it just really started to get annoying. When I set up custom weather like a snow storm, the precip will just stop. Sometimes it will start again but mostly just completely go away. Cloud cover will stay the way I set it up. Anyone ever experience this and know of a solution?I have considered buying active sky but if this is a bug in fsx I dont want to waste money if the same thing will happen.ThxEric

Hi,I have had this problem for a while but it just really started to get annoying. When I set up custom weather like a snow storm, the precip will just stop. Sometimes it will start again but mostly just completely go away. Cloud cover will stay the way I set it up. Anyone ever experience this and know of a solution?I have considered buying active sky but if this is a bug in fsx I dont want to waste money if the same thing will happen.ThxEric
Hi Eric, yes I have the very same problem and it is very annoying for me too. I posted about it here once but got few replies on the matter.But if you find a solution let me know.Often ill set up an approach in rain and then it just stops but all other weather settings stay the same.Someone suggested it might have something to do with cloud settings so I tried different settings but it did not help.i have tried a re-install and also REX but nothing has made any difference.I do not know anythign about active sky so can not say yes or no to that question/ but I still would love a solution for this.Lazza

Keithy George

FSX Display settings > Weather tab > Weather change rate slider, turn that down to keep the weather the same longer.

FSX Display settings > Weather tab > Weather change rate slider, turn that down to keep the weather the same longer.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion but I know about this setting and it does not make a difference for me at least. Cheers anyway.

Keithy George

its worth a shot. I will try it out and see if it helps. Thanks !! are you by chance using the rain fix patch from I think, flight 1? I was wondering if that could have something to do with it and I dont know how to remove it to test

its worth a shot. I will try it out and see if it helps. Thanks !! are you by chance using the rain fix patch from I think, flight 1? I was wondering if that could have something to do with it and I dont know how to remove it to test
I am not using rain fix patch from I think, flight 1.

Keithy George