Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

Wilco airbus MCDU CG is not correct

Guest dogdog1985

Originally, I saw the manual or working specs of A330, the Zero fuel and no payload CG should be around 25%However, when I load the Wilco A332 or A333, the CG shown at the MCDU is only 13% which is not correct.The wrong 13% CG mislead the aircraft to trim wrongly (automatically trim, fly by wire) and it takes off at a high pitch angle, causing it A-floor and very high climb rate, until stall and crash.This must be a bug, because I load the aircraft with Wilco own aircraft.cfg and .air file.After that I uninstall the whole FS9, wilco, no use!!Format the whole computer twice, still no use!!I know there are many people meet this problem, please help.Following is the printscreen of the MCDU.fs92010-09-2919-55-32-87.jpg

Guest dogdog1985

Why still no replies, you haven't this problem, very odd

What is the actual CG after you have loaded the aircraft with fuel and cargo? As long as your within CG limits before take off then everything should be fine. I don't think this is a bug, the aircraft has been around for years, others would have picked up something that major. I've never understood why people format there whole computer just because a add-on is playing up? If you have FSPassengers use a custom built payload model, it will tell you the true CG of the aircraft empty and when loaded. http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=download&cat=All&sort=Date&page=&search=wilco&searchtype=Title&download=submit

Rob Prest

Guest dogdog1985
What is the actual CG after you have loaded the aircraft with fuel and cargo? As long as your within CG limits before take off then everything should be fine. I don't think this is a bug, the aircraft has been around for years, others would have picked up something that major. I've never understood why people format there whole computer just because a add-on is playing up? If you have FSPassengers use a custom built payload model, it will tell you the true CG of the aircraft empty and when loaded. http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=download&cat=All&sort=Date&page=&search=wilco&searchtype=Title&download=submit
I load the aircraft at load planner of Wilco.13% is abnormal, at the specs of airbus, should be around 25% if zfw

I load the aircraft at load planner of Wilco.13% is abnormal, at the specs of airbus, should be around 25% if zfw
Yes I understand, but what is the CG after you have loaded the aircraft? You dont take off at your zfw, Is your CG still wrong when the plane is loaded?

Rob Prest

Guest dogdog1985
Yes I understand, but what is the CG after you have loaded the aircraft? You dont take off at your zfw, Is your CG still wrong when the plane is loaded?
When loaded, around 15-17%, still under 20%Also, still high pitch angle no matters the drop of airspeed

When loaded, around 15-17%, still under 20%Also, still high pitch angle no matters the drop of airspeed
Hey,I dusted off the Wilco A330-200 and did some tests, it seems that the ZFWCG is completely off. I tested the aircaft at ZFW and at Max take off weight, both times the CG was nowhere what the real world FCOM says it should be, however I flew a couple of circuits around Dubai and the aircraft behaved normally.The flight model and FBW is a bit rough but the aircraft was in trim and never got into Alpha-Floor.I think if there was a major floor in the flight model then it would have been picked up by now, so I'm thinking there must be another factor that's causing the problems on your setup.Where are you getting your trim figures from, and what trim setting are you using on take off?Regards

Rob Prest

Guest dogdog1985
Hey,I dusted off the Wilco A330-200 and did some tests, it seems that the ZFWCG is completely off. I tested the aircaft at ZFW and at Max take off weight, both times the CG was nowhere what the real world FCOM says it should be, however I flew a couple of circuits around Dubai and the aircraft behaved normally.The flight model and FBW is a bit rough but the aircraft was in trim and never got into Alpha-Floor.I think if there was a major floor in the flight model then it would have been picked up by now, so I'm thinking there must be another factor that's causing the problems on your setup.Where are you getting your trim figures from, and what trim setting are you using on take off?Regards
Because I really don't know the real zfwcg, so I just take off at UP 1.0 trim setup at MCDU

I fly the real Airbus A320 and A321 and we never take off with any C of G less than 25 percent. Prior to flight the regulations require that we check the Zero fuel weight and Take off weight C centre of gravity positions are within the approved envelope, which will always be somewhere in the vicinity of 25 to 33 per cent. This is typical for all aircraft not just Airbus. Incidentally, the further rearward the centre of gravity on an aircraft more generally, the more fuel efficient it is due to a rear C of G requiring an upward vector from the stab trim, therefore providing more lift rather than the stab trim "fighting" the main plane. Although Airbus points this out on their flight operations page, they do say that this does not apply to any measurable degree on the A320 family!

Hi, I think everybody already knows this. We we're discussing the Wilco Bus not the real thing. This thread is over a year old! :) FS9 by default has many faults, one of them being incorrect CG calculations. Most new addons have this corrected however the Wilco A3xx is fairly old and probably still uses the wrong CG. My original reply to the OP was explaining that this should not be causing A-FLoor to activate, if it was the case many other users would be complaining. A payload editor like TOPCAT or FSpax probably solved the issue for him anyway. Regards

Rob Prest

Actually, the cause of the high pitch take off is not caused by the wrong CG. It happens because the plane set the trim automatically to 4.9 after moving the throttle to FLEX. It only happens on the beginner and intermediate modes, so if you use expert mode, it won't happen.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

hello dogdog1985, trying to read the instruction manual carefully, especially the section on automatic throttle, there you will find all the details about how you can take off the nose of the aircraft normally be set at 10 degrees, so I've done and I followed attention to all instructions in the manual, and after I set FMCG that takeoff weight and everything, I was amazed how beautiful this aircraft performed A330 200, I hope I help you with something, a beautiful day