Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Fokiker 70 and 100...recommend?

I would like to fly the Fokker 70 and 100. I see that Flight1 sells the FSX version for $49.95 USD, and it looks pretty good, although expensive. If you have it, I'd like to know how you like it and whether you'd recommend it. Is the navigation system and FMS system alone, or does it use the FSX GPS default gauge as well for navigation?Stan

System's wise the Fokker's are excellent. Nearing PMDG/LDS. They FMS is definitely independent and nearly all systems are simulated.However, be aware they are made by Digital Aviation, now defunct. Flight1 took over rights to the Fokker, but I don't know how much support will be available. DA was slow in getting Windows 7 support and I think some users still have problems even with the long winded patch process. There is a 2D cockpit, but no virtual cockpit (although Flight1 claims to be continuing to develop one...although DA has promised one for at least 2-3 years without any production). This last point has been a major sticking point for a lot of FSX users who almost exclusively fly in the VC.

Eric Szczesniak

System's wise the Fokker's are excellent. Nearing PMDG/LDS. They FMS is definitely independent and nearly all systems are simulated.However, be aware they are made by Digital Aviation, now defunct. Flight1 took over rights to the Fokker, but I don't know how much support will be available. DA was slow in getting Windows 7 support and I think some users still have problems even with the long winded patch process. There is a 2D cockpit, but no virtual cockpit (although Flight1 claims to be continuing to develop one...although DA has promised one for at least 2-3 years without any production). This last point has been a major sticking point for a lot of FSX users who almost exclusively fly in the VC.
Kinda sucks about the vc I know it might sound stupid too some, but that's just one reason I never got it the fact that it does not have a vc at that price point turned me off. but hopefully flight1 adds virtual cockpit soon I worked on the Fokker a few times myself loading bags is a pain in the butt! with that plane lol! :(

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Kinda sucks about the vc I know it might sound stupid too some...
I agree completely. I bought it on the promise (years ago) that it would come with a VC eventually. Never has and now it's not even installed on my computer now.

Eric Szczesniak

They're not really dead, but I don't think Flight1 will go on with the VC development. It's a shame, I love the way they modelled the aircraft, the way it flies, and it's compability with SP2. It's a shame to Flight1, they made great products, but for this, it appears as if it is a beta model (but not as shameful as how they did 5 years ago with the Fifty North 737, it was a complete shame, it didn't have anything but the exterior model and the default panels and sounds). Dave.

...but no virtual cockpit (although Flight1 claims to be continuing to develop one...although DA has promised one for at least 2-3 years without any production). This last point has been a major sticking point for a lot of FSX users who almost exclusively fly in the VC.
This is why I never purchased it. I can't/won't buy promise-ware ever again. Better to have never mentioned it - and then produced it as a surprise. If Flight1 does it in house, it would be great, but I think the Mustang has soured the in-house talent on dealing with the unwashed masses of the hobbyist user when the civilized space of the contract/pro customer keeps them in the dough (at least that's how I understand it). Hence, I won't hold my breath for a VC ever materializing.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

This is why I never purchased it. I can't/won't buy promise-ware ever again. Better to have never mentioned it - and then produced it as a surprise. If Flight1 does it in house, it would be great, but I think the Mustang has soured the in-house talent on dealing with the unwashed masses of the hobbyist user when the civilized space of the contract/pro customer keeps them in the dough (at least that's how I understand it). Hence, I won't hold my breath for a VC ever materializing.
Agreed. Take a look at the Flight One Software website and you'll find all of the innovative aircraft never-before-seen in FS, such as the Level-D 767, the iFly 737 (FS9 only), the Dreamfleet 727 (FSX version coming up soon), the Carenado Bonanzas and C185Fs, the ATR 72-500, the Cessna Citation Mustang (of which in particular, is developed along with the forces of Cessna themselves), Ultimate Terrain, Audio Environment, and other products well known into the flight simulation community. But as for this one, I've given up hope on the Fokker models. I'm much better off with Project Fokker (note that PF has yet to release an FSX version of both the F28s and F70/100s), the PF models has something to rival the DA model. So I guess I'm going to have to let the screenshots and review to speak for themselves. Dave.

Thanks for the comments. Somehow I missed the fact that the Fokkers didn't have a VC with this version. Boy, I'm glad I brought this to the attention of this forum, because I would have made a mistake buying this. I only fly with VC.Stan

I can only say that you miss a lot when not buying that plane.But surely this cannot convince you if you're a VC addict and the existence of a VC is your purchase criteria...

I can only say that you miss a lot when not buying that plane.
+1Almost all systems accuretly represented, spot-on flight dynamics, very good/convincing sounds and a perfect external model.Unfortunately does not have a VC, but I have lots of fun with it.

Mauricio Brentano

The DA Fokker 70/100 is one of my favorite add-ons. I really want s VC, but I am doing fine with the 2D for the time being.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

...But as for this one, I've given up hope on the Fokker models. I'm much better off with Project Fokker (note that PF has yet to release an FSX version of both the F28s and F70/100s), the PF models has something to rival the DA model.
:( Guess you also prefer the Project Opensky 737 than the PMDG or iFly 737 then????Although a great freeware effort, the Project Fokker birds do not even come close of the Digital Aviation version (even without a VC).Project Fokker looks like a Fokker from the outside indeed but does not do justice to the complexity and modernity of these aircraft that were very much ahead of their time...To each his own probably...Sylvain

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004