Sign in to follow this  
GoranM

Saab 340

One comment. You may, or may not agree. The panel shading reminds me a bit.........of a panel that's been on fire, because it's dark around all the instruments. It's just my impression. I've included a pic of my RV panel, just because it's got a lot of round guages in it. But they don't look "smoked". It's a light grey background.L.Adamson
We've fixed that up quite a bit since those screenshots were taken. Main problem with X Plane is shadows aren't drawn properly in the cockpit, so we have to add them as part of the texture. Otherwise it just looks bland. No problems with criticizing or commenting. I always welcome it..biggrin.gif

Guest bstolle
Its absolutely very unlikely someone will start to love X-Plane the moment the Saab flies.
Well that's a very personal POV. E.g. I kept fs9 a long time only due to a single scenery and a single plane....Furthermore there are quite a few steps between don't like and 'love'

Well that's a very personal POV. E.g. I kept fs9 a long time only due to a single scenery and a single plane....Furthermore there are quite a few steps between don't like and 'love'
Ohh yes its just my POV ,as your POV is just your POV.It looks quiet weird to me to post on a forum with somebody-elses POV.And yes there are quite a few steps between don't like and 'love'Count me in for the "love" category.CheersLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Goran,It looks fantastic and keep up the amazing effort!I will be on the cards for adding this to the collection!Cheers for the workSean

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Hi Goran,It looks fantastic and keep up the amazing effort!I will be on the cards for adding this to the collection!Cheers for the workSean
Thanks SeanI appreciate that.I do post here sometimes but if you want to closely follow my work, my forums are based at X-Pilot

I partially agree here.Yes the Saab looks really promising and very professional indeed.On the other hand I do not think this Saab will dramatically change the value of X-Plane , wich is a very good flightsim already.The Saab and other planes to come are added value to an aready great flightsim.Its absolutely very unlikely someone will start to love X-Plane the moment the Saab flies.I am looking forward to this great bird.Leen de Jager
Why not?The MU-2 sparked my interest in X-Plane. :(

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

If you build it, they will come...Every additional high quality plane brings more people over.

Goran,This a commercial product for X-Plane? You are aware of our rules regarding commercial postings aren't you?

Yes, it is a Commercial product. If there is another terms of use specifically for Commercial developers, I was never made aware of them.

Yes, it is a Commercial product. If there is another terms of use specifically for Commercial developers, I was never made aware of them.
The Terms of Use applies to all members, but this little snippet is of particular note for Commercial Members, of which I was and will soon be again;"...contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services except as may be allowed for within the guidelines set forth for the System."Avsim has recently opened a forum for announcing products, sales, etc. that Commercial Members and non-Commercial Members can post in. It's further up the list of sub-forums.Hope that helps. The plane looks really nice, even if it's for X-Plane... :(

The Terms of Use applies to all members, but this little snippet is of particular note for Commercial Members, of which I was and will soon be again;"...contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services except as may be allowed for within the guidelines set forth for the System."Avsim has recently opened a forum for announcing products, sales, etc. that Commercial Members and non-Commercial Members can post in. It's further up the list of sub-forums.Hope that helps. The plane looks really nice, even if it's for X-Plane... :(
The "guidelines" are what is puzzling me.With all due respect to Mr Allensworth, this IS an aircraft development forum for X-Plane. The product I am making IS an aircraft for X-Plane. Other Commercial Microsoft FS developers post a plethora of screenshots of their work in progress products in the Commercial Developers sections of the AVSIM forums. If we cannot post screenshots of aircraft in development in an "Aircraft Design" forum, then why have the forum in the first place?Unless, of course, it is ONLY meant for freeware. In which case, I think it would be better to have the forum name changed to "Freeware Aircraft Design Forum".

The "guidelines" are what is puzzling me.With all due respect to Mr Allensworth, this IS an aircraft development forum for X-Plane. The product I am making IS an aircraft for X-Plane. Other Commercial Microsoft FS developers post a plethora of screenshots of their work in progress products in the Commercial Developers sections of the AVSIM forums. If we cannot post screenshots of aircraft in development in an "Aircraft Design" forum, then why have the forum in the first place?Unless, of course, it is ONLY meant for freeware. In which case, I think it would be better to have the forum name changed to "Freeware Aircraft Design Forum".
Those other forums you refer to are commercial forums provided to the developer by AVSIM. This is not a commercial forum. The subtle difference is that a user coming to a commercial forum knows right away he/she may find advertising, solicitations, etc. Coming to a non-commercial forum those things can be disguised.

May I ask, specifically, what kind of content is permitted in the Aircraft Design section of the X-Plane forums?

Never mind. I just saw the forum description.However, I don't think many aircraft developers will share their methods of creating aircraft for x plane. Especially the more advanced products. We work way too hard to just give the techniques away.Tom, feel free to delete this entire thread and any of my other threads if it is against AVSIM rules. And thanks for the comments "meshman".You might be surprised what x plane is capable of. And that's coming from a hardcore MSFS user.

And thanks for the comments "meshman".You might be surprised what x plane is capable of. And that's coming from a hardcore MSFS user.
Best of luck on the plane and there's still lots to like here at Avsim.I have been a semi-observer of XP10's development, mostly going and checking out Ben's blog. I'm very much a low and slow type, so scenery is paramount for me. Depending upon what XP brings with the next release might see me purchasing a copy. I just wouldn't want it to sit in a drawer, er... like v9.x is.