Sign in to follow this  
Guest paulri

FS2k2 ATC Window

Guest cfh2k3

Could someone tell me how to make the ATC menu stay in the upper left-hand corner of the current window view and down-size about half the original size?I always have to open FSUIPC and turn off the "Stop cockpit sizing and moving", then move and downsize the ATC menu window, then go back to FSUIPC and engage the "Stop....etc."It won't work to get it in place, save the flight, then come back to that flight and expect it to be anywhere other than smack in the middle of the screen.Yes, I normally have this window closed and only use it when communicating with ATC.I tried some things in the FS2k2 cfg that had ATC in the wording,but didn't get anywhere.Is it possible, OR is it a major undertaking? Perhaps it's easier to keep doing what I've been doing...

Guest seev_39

Easiest way to make the ATC window to stay somewhere on the screen is to drag it with the mouse to where you want it (also resize it by draging one corner). Then, after you do it once at the beginning of the flight, the window will open at the same position during the whole flight.Unfortunately, if you save the flight and exit FS, next time you return to that flight, the ATC window will appear again in the middle of the screen. Stupid thing indeed.Have funSeev

Guest cfh2k3

Paul,So... Is FS9 worth the price? Really better than 2k2?

Guest paulri

My Opinion. YES!!!!Running it on a PIII 933, 512mb ram, Win98se. Gf2GTS video card, 64mb ram, using the 44.03 drivers. FPS locked at 20, get anywhere from 12-19. Runs smoothly, except on landing, unless you turn off autogen (there is something wrong with it, don't know what--maybe all the new type of AG scenery). Having said that, if you expect to use it in high detail scenery, expect lower than normal (compared to FS2002) FPS. There are issues which have been well documented. Tweaking is a must, takes patience to get it set up for a particular machine--YOURS!! :-) If you are into scenery watching and VFR flight, maybe it would not be for you. Although most users have reported BIG improvements in the FS9 scenery over FS2002. I am a KA350 flyer, only fly IFR, in and out of the smaller regional type airports. Houston Hobby is the most detailed one I have used so far, but Kansas City Downtown also worked very well. For me, no going back to FS2002. ATC and weather alone make it worth while. With a new machine in the near future, I expect a lot better result from it. HTH,Paul

Guest cfh2k3

Thanks Paul,I'll have a look at FS9:)