Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Pimentel

FFX 737-300 : Too over-powered?

The FFX 737-300 series is superb visually, but it feels very overpowered in most phases of flight. It feels about as overpowered as the default airliners which fly great but require comparatively low N1 and low fuel flow as well. Is there a way to fix this in a simple manner (like adjusting the inlet-- or is it the outlet-- values)?Appreciate posts, thanks!JS

Guest crashing_pilot

are you a 737 pilot?

Guest Daniel Pimentel

I don't know how the real plane "feels", so I don't know how to adjust it accordingly. However, I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to change that. Hopefully someone with some FDE knowledge can help you out?DP

Guest panzerschiffe

If I'm not mistaken, the 737's all use the same FDE, that of a 737-400. In anycase derated takeoff's, even in the 737-300, are not uncommon and the aircraft has a quite a bit of reserve of power left to it.

Guest PHLMercenary

I agree its overpowered in FS9, I mean this plane shoots to over 250kts with 75%N1 and flaps extended, it gets high rates of climb with only an attitude of 5 degrees. Even with the derated takeoffs I doubt N1 during take off would be less than 80 with the aircraft over 80% loaded with fuel. I could see an NG or even a -500 getting this performance but this plane is either underweight or its getting too much power. Even on approach anything much more than the power used to taxi the aircraft is too much. Last night I left the engine running at idle with parking brakes on and the plane had crept to the other side of the terminal.