Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pepe

FS9 can't find saved flights anymore

After a series of puzzling lock-ups while using FS9, now FS9 would not get past the splash screen. I removed FS9.CFG and started FS again. When I tried to select a flight, FS hung with no flights (either canned or saved) listed in the boxes.I put back the original FS9.CFG, changed the option to not show opening screen and FS started normally with the earlier-saved default flight. When I clicked on File|Select Flight, FS hung with a black screen.Can anyone help in getting FS9 to find my flights again? The folder where FS placed them has not changed (in my My Documents/Flight Simulator Files folder). I'm using Windows XP Pro.Doug

Guest Pepe

Perhaps you should try just deleting (or moving them out, then bring them back one at a time to see if one of them is the problem) any saved flights in the My Docs folder, sounds like one or more may be corrupted. The only thing saved there are the ones you have created yourself anyway. I had the FS9 change the filename of the logbook to gibberish so the program couldn't find it, so I'd say the odds of it messing something up inside the other files may be possible.Did you try using the reset defaults shortcut on the start menu. I don't know if this does the same thing as removing the fs9.cfg file or not but it might be worth a try.Just my thoughts.

That was great advice! I removed all the flights that were created yesterday (many were autosave flights) and FS worked normally. You were right. One or more must have been corrupted. Thanks again. I was ready to reinstall FS9! You saved me from tearing out what little hair I have left on my head.Doug

Guest Pepe

Glad I could help save your hair. :-lol