Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

x-plane.org forum

I cant seem to post or send a "shout " over at the x plane.org forumMy ability is "greyed " out.I also cant find any info on why this would be the case.I am trying to learn x-plane , but they dont make it easyI have a bunch of questions but I cant seem to get assistance.BTW, I decide to spend a month really working hard to get the hang of x-plane and to get it up and running on vatsim, it a bit of a challenge ,and i like parts of the experience, but it would be great to be able to get some assistance with some detailsThanks Peter

Hi Peter !You can find several forums on the web where it's possible to talk about X-Plane. The "org" is not the only one. You can post your questions here and I hope I'll be able to help. You can also use X-Pilot.com if you like.Happy flying. :(

Ok thanks for the assist v.9.6I have no idea why i cant post in the xplane-org forum but here are a few questions1. In some cases when i load a airplane in vc mode my mouse wont let go of the screen. I have to touch a key on the joystick and then it releases the mouse2 My ctl-o vc creates a 3d model of the cockpit as expected. When i do this in the vc for cessna 172 for example , i cant zoom out far enough to see the whole cockpit. In the 2d mode i must use the up and down keys to see the whole cockpit. Can i program the up and down function to the joystickTo be specific i want to move up and down in the cockpit, as opposed to the horizon moving up and down3 I downloads the 340 gps. I was able to get the plug in working however the gps is right smack in the middle of the cockpit. Can i undock this window to move it?That is a good start, please let me know if you can help me with ay of thisPeterpkofman@rogers.com

For anyone folllowing this I figured out a few things see below

Ok thanks for the assist v.9.6I have no idea why i cant post in the xplane-org forum but here are a few questions1. In some cases when i load a airplane in vc mode my mouse wont let go of the screen. I have to touch a key on the joystick and then it releases the mouse2 My ctl-o vc creates a 3d model of the cockpit as expected. When i do this in the vc for cessna 172 for example , i cant zoom out far enough to see the whole cockpit. In the 2d mode i must use the up and down keys to see the whole cockpit. Can i program the up and down function to the joystickI RESOLVED THIS BY CHANGING THE FIELD OF VIEW IN THE PREFERENCES. NOW I CAN SEE THE ENTIRE PANEL AND CAN ZOOM IN AND OUT APPROPRIATELYTo be specific i want to move up and down in the cockpit, as opposed to the horizon moving up and down3 I downloads the gps. I was able to get the plug in working however the gps is right smack in the middle of the cockpit. Can i undock this window to move it?ANSWERHow to use:- Download and install the Garmin GNS400-500 trainer (http://www8.garmin.c...- Unzip the file in x-plane plugins directory- Start x-pane- Goto plugins menu and select gnsx30/Show- Click on the COM button to start gns530 WAAS- Click inside the LCD panel and drag to move the window on the screenThat is a good start , I will continue to add answers if i find themPeterpkofman@rogers.com

Hi Peter !About your ability to post at the org, you should try to ask a moderator. Are you able to do this with a personal message ?1) I press CTRL+O again when I have a problem with the virtual cockpit. Sometimes the mouse is enabled, sometimes not.2) Yes you can ajust your field of view. Some panels have also a field of view control like the ERJ-140 or the Carenado Mooney.You can learn more about the FOV here:http://www.c74.net/xplane/fx/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1303) I'm glad you found a solution for the GPS. So you are using the Reality-XP GNS 530W for X-Plane ?Happy flying !

I cant seem to post or send a "shout " over at the x plane.org forumMy ability is "greyed " out.I also cant find any info on why this would be the case.I am trying to learn x-plane , but they dont make it easyI have a bunch of questions but I cant seem to get assistance.BTW, I decide to spend a month really working hard to get the hang of x-plane and to get it up and running on vatsim, it a bit of a challenge ,and i like parts of the experience, but it would be great to be able to get some assistance with some detailsThanks Peter
I have tried to register and login too. I have never received any answer from them to setup and authorize my login. I have sent e-mails to the Administrator and the owner with no answer or help. Bob.