Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Gauges ... new tricks? Milton? Trev?

I must have missed something somewhere but I'm fascinated to see that gauges in FS9 appear to work whether they're in the gauges folder or individual panel folder. Was this always the case?Downloaded Milton's update for the 7 the other day and was horrified to find that all the gauges were mixed in with the panel bitmaps. Separated them all out thinking Milton had screwed up (yeah, right, wise guy) and put them in the gauges folder - everything works. Just installed Trev Morson's Christmas tree of a Dak panel, where he SPECIFIES that gauges should stay in the panel folder - everything works.So can they go in either place? Very handy to keep them with the panel, I must say. So as I say, was it always like this and I just didn't know such?Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest crashing_pilot

it has been like this since fsacof Mark,and i think it'll stay this way.....i for one think it's a major improvement:if you delete an aircraft,all the other stuff goes away with it....and installing is now a breeze ;-)

Hi Mark,This is new for FS2004, and I've already mentioned it several times on my forum - I thought you read it? :)Take care,

Guest Milton

Historically, and for personal use, I usually put sounds and panels in the fsfsconv folder and alias to them so I can share among aircraft. This kept things tidy too.The panel.cfg in FS2002 allowed you to use a path statement to put gauges elsewhere though if out of FS, the complete path had to be named for each gauge. e.g. c:aircraftstuffgauges ... etc.Seems less tidy in the panel folder but many seem to like the ease of control, for elimination primarily. It also simplifies adding the aircraft to FS.I like it too because it speeds loading of panels regardless where the gauges may be because you do not end up with 600 gauges in the default gauge folder.Milton

<<<<>>Yes, likewise ...<<<>>>Understood, but ...<<<>>>... what surprises is me that it works both ways, in the GAUGES folder or sitting pretty in the individual PANEL folder. My limited brain doesn't understand how code can reference it two ways, but then maybe that's why I only read Winnie the Pooh.<<<>>>Heh heh, with you there. My FS2002 GAUGES folder has 26,220 of the little beauties, so does take a moment or two more to load, LOL.Oh, and Tom ... forum? What forum? ROFL. I shall have to read more about aircraft with more than two props, I can see that ...Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg