Sign in to follow this  
themose

i7 950 vs 920 - advice

Hi,I'm currently running an i7 920 overclocked at 4.2ghz with the Corsair H50 cooler.I've managed to get my hands on a i7 950 free of charge.The question is, will the 950 give me better FSX performance than my 920?Is the chip as easy to overclock as the 920?If both were O/C to 4.2ghz is there any difference?Many thanksPhil Mosley

Guest acezboy561

Well, you will see an improvement, probably not by much though. If you got it free, install it you have nothing to lose :)

Free 950? How did you do that?Anyway, 4.2 GHz is 4.2 GHz... there probably won't be much difference between the two at that speed. Each CPU has slightly different overclocking characteristics, so it's hard to say if one overclocks better than the other. Why not spend a few hours fiddling with the 950 to see what it can do?

Guest chris493

From what I have rea in previous threads and other locations, the 950 is a tad easier to push past 4Ghz, and doesn't heat up quite as much as the 920 when OCd.