Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlugSimulatorXfan

Captain Sim 707 Rainy VC in Sunshine?

Guest FlugSimulatorXfan

Hy guys!I have the following problem!I just bought the awesome 707 from captain sim!All woks fine, but if I go to the VC, I have rain! Doesn´t matter if it sunshiny, snowy, rainy, foggy, clearly! All the time I have rain in the VC!I thinks thats a problem with the effect which the 707 is using! But I can´t find the effect anywhere in the effects folder!So I hope you guys help me to deactive rain in the VC during sunshine!!

Hy guys!I have the following problem!I just bought the awesome 707 from captain sim!All woks fine, but if I go to the VC, I have rain! Doesn´t matter if it sunshiny, snowy, rainy, foggy, clearly! All the time I have rain in the VC!I thinks thats a problem with the effect which the 707 is using! But I can´t find the effect anywhere in the effects folder!So I hope you guys help me to deactive rain in the VC during sunshine!!
That's pretty strange. This is the FS9 version right? The only thing I've seen with the CS 707 VC windscreen is the night texture is a bit opaque. Hope someone can help you with it. Have you tried the Captain Sim support site? I've always found them willing to help...

The FS9 CS707 is obsolete and you won't get official support from CS. However, other users might be able to help of course...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The FS9 CS707 is obsolete and you won't get official support from CS. However, other users might be able to help of course...
Hello BenjaminThe CS 707 for FS9 is NOT obsolete,Captain Sim have it for sale in their online storeSo I would guess that they will still offer support for it.Why do you think it is obsolete?, there has been no other 707 for FS9 from captain sim to make it obsolete.

Hello BenjaminThe CS 707 for FS9 is NOT obsolete,Captain Sim have it for sale in their online storeSo I would guess that they will still offer support for it.Why do you think it is obsolete?, there has been no other 707 for FS9 from captain sim to make it obsolete.
I'm inclined to agree. Though it obviously is a somewhat dated product, it still has a great external model and is fun to fly. I use it often. I understand the economic reasons why, but it's still a shame that when CS did the new model for FSX they didn't do some updating of the FS9 version.

Obsolete as in "a very old" product. I didn't mean to say that it's bad quality or anything... However, you might say that these FS9 products are falling into the "legacy" department. Development of them has been discontinued for a long time. I seem to remember vaguely that no official support would be given anymore, too, because of these reasons, but I could actually be mistaken. I guess you can always try... You won't get the tech support at the forums, anyhow. You'll have to send them a direct email and hope for the best.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I'm inclined to agree. Though it obviously is a somewhat dated product, it still has a great external model and is fun to fly. I use it often. I understand the economic reasons why, but it's still a shame that when CS did the new model for FSX they didn't do some updating of the FS9 version.
Hey guys, come on! You have all gone off on a tangent and forgot the OP, he was asking for help with VC rain effect and you totally forgot about him. At the very least you could have commented on his issue, rather you got into a debate over the 707.I recall reading the raindrops are created by a series of .bmp's, unfortunately I do not have FS9 installed any longer but may I suggest that you look at the aircraft.cfg as it may contain the info "calling" for rain on the VC windscreen.You could try and remove the VCRain.bmp's entirely, they can be found in your FS9\Texture folder... remember to back them up before deleting.Good luck,

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest FlugSimulatorXfan

For all wich want to know it!If you delate the 30 vc rain texture flies in your texture path of the flight simulator, you won´t have the problem!It works!!!Video about the 707 in in progress :D

For all wich want to know it!If you delate the 30 vc rain texture flies in your texture path of the flight simulator, you won´t have the problem!It works!!!Video about the 707 in in progress :D
I'm glad you were able to come up with a solution. Weird problem though - it might still be nice if you could find out what caused it so you could retain the rain effects.