Sign in to follow this  
derianc

"Things" I need to know

Hey there everyone! I have some questions that have been bugging me for a while. I was looking at the normal procedures manual for the 747-400 and I noticed that it said on the Before Start Check "Gasper ON". I wanted to know what Gasper and Humid are for on the overhead panel and when do I use them. I was also wondering why is it that when I use my rudder for taxiing that the main gear turns but the nose gear stays straight? I have AutoRudder OFF in FSX. Should I turn it on or keep it off? Any suggestions would be great. :(

I took this right from the Aircraft Systems maunual...

Gasper Operation: In order to improve airflow to the passenger service units located above each passenger seat row, a gasper system is used to add additional airflow through the overhead ducting. Operation of this system is controlled by the gasper switch on the overhead ECS panel.

Humidifier: In order to improve humidity levels which are traditionally very low in pack conditioned air, operation of the humidification system can be controlled using the HUMID switch on the overhead ECS panel. The humidification system reintroduces moisture to the airflow rather than routing it through the evaporator. Humidification levels will vary depending on the number of packs in operation.

Sorry I dont have anything about the nose wheel.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

With autorudder off the turns using the rudder are more realistic and easier. the turns Are sharper

So are you saying that Gasper and Humid should always be on?About the rudder- the problem is that the 747 has main gear stearing for turns where excessive rudder is used during taxi for hard turns but the problem is that the main gear is turning, and the nose wheel isn't.