Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Bitmaps of Gauge Bezels and Screws?

Hey everyone!Sometimes the manufactures have High Res shots in their multimedia galleries.http://cessna.com/single-engine/skylane/skylane-gallery.html#RegardsJavier
Right-o! Cessna, and a few avionics companies provide high-resolution imagery of there products such.I'm thinking pinned?

Good Day,

Engjell Berisha

Angel-Simulations-Small.png

Right-o! Cessna, and a few avionics companies provide high-resolution imagery of there products such.I'm thinking pinned?
Usually you got to sign up to access the multimedia galleries but almost all manufacturers web sites I've seen include one.That Cessna 400 glass cockpit is saying me to programme it!!!!, maybe for the new release of Microsoft Flight :D.Javier

Is there any good source for various gauge bezel and screw bitmaps? I am leaning to make simple gauges for my own use but can't draw the bezels or screws. Thanks, Bob.
Hey Bob, what gauges are you looking for specifically? I happen to have a few gauge close ups lying around, 10MP resolution so even if some might not be 100% sharp they certainly will be once downsized. As far as I can see I could cut out quite a number of screws if you need haha...See this attached sample, which even is a crop and still I had so scale it down by 50% because the original (crop) was over a thousand pixels wide:Sample bezel from a VSI, just blacked out the inner part quick'n'dirty... Too bad, had I known these pics could be used by gauge designers one day I would have payed more attention to quality, perspective and lighting in the first place. Now we have the stupid (and blurred) night lighting bulbs there. Anyways:No idea if stuff like this could help you. :unsure:RegardsEtienne

Hey Bob, what gauges are you looking for specifically? I happen to have a few gauge close ups lying around, 10MP resolution so even if some might not be 100% sharp they certainly will be once downsized. As far as I can see I could cut out quite a number of screws if you need haha...See this attached sample, which even is a crop and still I had so scale it down by 50% because the original (crop) was over a thousand pixels wide:Sample bezel from a VSI, just blacked out the inner part quick'n'dirty... Too bad, had I known these pics could be used by gauge designers one day I would have payed more attention to quality, perspective and lighting in the first place. Now we have the stupid (and blurred) night lighting bulbs there. Anyways:No idea if stuff like this could help you. :unsure:RegardsEtienne
Hi Etienne. Thanks. Those are what I was looking for. I can't draw the bezels or screws. I'll PM you and maybe you could send those by e-mail to me. I'd sure appreciate it. Best regards, Bob.

Hi Etienne. Thanks. Those are what I was looking for. I can't draw the bezels or screws. I'll PM you and maybe you could send those by e-mail to me. I'd sure appreciate it. Best regards, Bob.
Hey Bob,check your eMail.RegardsEtienne

Thanks, glad I could help. Make sure to drop a line in here once you got something done worth to show off! Big%20Grin.gifHave funEtienne

Thanks, glad I could help. Make sure to drop a line in here once you got something done worth to show off! Big%20Grin.gifHave funEtienne
Hi. OK. Will do. Bob.

There used to be a set of gauge backgrounds made by Bill Smith, "realinst.zip".I lost my original to a dead hard drive and can't find it any longer.A search turned up nothing except a few references to DFD gauges.Dai, do you know where it may be available?...Thanks...Don

There used to be a set of gauge backgrounds made by Bill Smith, "realinst.zip".I lost my original to a dead hard drive and can't find it any longer.A search turned up nothing except a few references to DFD gauges.Dai, do you know where it may be available?...Thanks...Don
Hi Don. Thanks for the tip. I can't find it either. I did find several gauges in the series (realinst1.zip, etc.) but not the main gauge zip file. I hope someone can find the main file. Regards, bob.

There were only about a dozen pictures in that archive. It looked as if the instruments themselves had been scanned and in most cases the colour balance was way off (lots of fun.....). There really are better pictures on eBay.I've collected a shedload of images from eBay. If anyone can offer a public download place I'll zip and send - I don't want to use Avsim because it smacks a little of a private file and I won't use ImageShack, RapidShare or similar because some {insert word here} almost got me with a drive-by from one of those sites a while back and I've refused to go anywhere near them since.-Dai

Thanks for the reply Dai, That stuff was OK for FS98/00 and 256 color. While doing an F-4 panel I found Martin Waterloo's Site an excellent place for older military panel and gauge photos and layouts...Don

Sa-wee-t!! Thanks Bill, I've been dieing for something like this forever! "You da man!"
Be careful though. The stuff on that site may not be correct for the aeroplane panel which you are designing.I have firefox cooliris which creates a "wall" of images so it is very easy to trawl through imges available on the net at high speed until one sees exactly what one wants.vololiberista

I've collected a shedload of images from eBay. If anyone can offer a public download place I'll zip and send - I don't want to use Avsim because it smacks a little of a private file and I won't use ImageShack, RapidShare or similar because some {insert word here} almost got me with a drive-by from one of those sites a while back and I've refused to go anywhere near them since.-Dai
Removed link for security reasons... When I can get the security set properly, I'll make the offer again!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Removed link for security reasons... When I can get the security set properly, I'll make the offer again!
45Mb-worth? After being RAR'd at best compression too!! :( -Dai

45Mb-worth? After being RAR'd at best compression too!! :( -Dai
Dai, I have terrabyte NAS here to use that's still got 61% unused space. I managed to "break" my ftp service yesterday while trying to set up some security. I hadn't noticed that anyone using the link I had posted could also "drill down" and get into areas where all of my Max, GMax, and C backup source files are kept! :( When I have some time, I'll have to do some research to find out what went wrong. I may wind up having to copy all of the existing files to a new "share" folder, then delete the existing "share" folders, just so I can recreate them with the proper security levels.What I want is one "share" that's available via anonymous ftp (guest and no password required), and the remaining "shares" only accessible via login and password.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator