Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Effect Placement help

I am trying to get the wingtip vortext effect from FSX to work in FS9. I have found the files and it works but I can't quite get it to line up with the wingtip.This is the basic set up for the POSKY A330 but it doesn't quite fit the CLS A333.A330 (Project Opensky)[smokesystem]smoke.0=0, -49.2, -97.6, vortex6smoke.1=0, -49.2, 97.6, vortex6Anyone know which of the values I need to change to LOWER the placement of the effect as it it just above the wingtip with the above values? PS - Sorry if this is the wrong forum.Andy Solaini

I am trying to get the wingtip vortext effect from FSX to work in FS9. I have found the files and it works but I can't quite get it to line up with the wingtip.This is the basic set up for the POSKY A330 but it doesn't quite fit the CLS A333.A330 (Project Opensky)[smokesystem]smoke.0=0, -49.2, -97.6, vortex6smoke.1=0, -49.2, 97.6, vortex6Anyone know which of the values I need to change to LOWER the placement of the effect as it it just above the wingtip with the above values? PS - Sorry if this is the wrong forum.Andy Solaini
If memory serves, the FS9 syntax is lon, lat, vert.If that is correct, then it would be the last value of each entry you would need to experiment with .I seem to remember that in FSX the order is reversed - i.e. ie: vert, lat, lon - so in case I have these two confused, try experimenting with the first value.

Guest belga1

Hello,smoke.0=0, -49.2, -97.6, vortex6smoke.1=0, -49.2, 97.6, vortex6Value = Left/Rightsmoke.0=0, -49.2, -97.6, vortex6smoke.1=0, -49.2, 97.6, vortex6Value = Front/Aftsmoke.0=0, -49.2, -97.6, vortex6smoke.1=0, -49.2, 97.6, vortex6Value = Up/Down (here it's just on the level reference line .. neutral)So .. negative value give down (under reference line)Also same arrangement for the lights positionsRegards.bye.gifGus.

Please note that in FS9, there is a 'feature' (a bug) which means that in the smokesystem, changing the vertical location figure has no effect - you can change it to whatever you want but the effect won't move. The workaround is to edit the .fx file itself using Notepad, changing the vertical offset parameter until it lines up with the wingtip.;)

Guest belga1

Hello,beer.gifI learn everyday deal.gifRegards.bye.gifGus.

It would be a nice gift to the community if those who have the skills to do these kinds of tweaks could post them to an easily accessed list. (Along the lines of the user created files for the 3D landing lights on the A2A website)Most of us on this forum would agree that there's still development potential in FS9 and that it can be made to do things the MS team never dreamed of. If there was a way for the community to share tweaks like this in a way that is easy to access it would be really valuable. (Yes, I know there's lots of stuff here in this forum, but it would take weeks to go through every thread to find out what has been posted over the years)Even better, a continually updated patch file that would update the sim every few months. Anyone for FS9.999? :( Yeah yeah - I know. The lawyers would have a field day with that. But we can dream can't we?