Sign in to follow this  
Byrna

Resuming from a paused flight reverts to first waypoint in flightplan

Hello,I had simply paused FSX in mid-air today while I ate lunch. I had done the exact same thing during yesterday's flight, again for lunch and RC4 resumed the flight like nothing had happened. But today, RC4 initially started continuing its instructions for me to climb to FL340 (the flight was paused while still in the climb stage, at FL290, with final cruise altitude at FL340.)I had saved the flight as I went, so I had a saved copy of the moment I had paused it before going to eat. But RC display switched to show the first waypoint in the flight and then gave me msg. that I am off course, and a new heading to turn me back... I tried resuming from last saved point and same problem. So I finished the flight with RC4 completely closed with no ATC. :( Why would this happen? Has anyone had this issue before? I know that if we change the FSX sim time, RC is adversely effected, but the sim was paused. I never exited the sim.So I am at a loss to explain.Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.John

Hello,I had simply paused FSX in mid-air today while I ate lunch. I had done the exact same thing during yesterday's flight, again for lunch and RC4 resumed the flight like nothing had happened. But today, RC4 initially started continuing its instructions for me to climb to FL340 (the flight was paused while still in the climb stage, at FL290, with final cruise altitude at FL340.)I had saved the flight as I went, so I had a saved copy of the moment I had paused it before going to eat. But RC display switched to show the first waypoint in the flight and then gave me msg. that I am off course, and a new heading to turn me back... I tried resuming from last saved point and same problem. So I finished the flight with RC4 completely closed with no ATC. :( Why would this happen? Has anyone had this issue before? I know that if we change the FSX sim time, RC is adversely effected, but the sim was paused. I never exited the sim.So I am at a loss to explain.Thanks for any help or suggestions you can provide.John
Anyone had this happen to them? RC support... you there? :( (Are you "lined up and waiting" ? :( )

Anyone had this happen to them? RC support... you there? :( (Are you "lined up and waiting" ? :( )
without a log, it's hard to comment on what might have happened.were you flying at 1x speed?i'm guessing that you didn't pass midnight while paused?

without a log, it's hard to comment on what might have happened.were you flying at 1x speed?i'm guessing that you didn't pass midnight while paused?
Yes, I was flying at 1x speed at the time. No, I do remember that I set the SIM time to my time in Montreal so the local time was around 16:00 and UTC would be 4 hours ahead but I will do another flight next week and capture a log.By the way, which time is Radar Contact sensitive to since I was flying in Asia, from Jakarta to Hong Kong but used 15:00 local as my start time?thanks.

Yes, I was flying at 1x speed at the time. No, I do remember that I set the SIM time to my time in Montreal so the local time was around 16:00 and UTC would be 4 hours ahead but I will do another flight next week and capture a log.By the way, which time is Radar Contact sensitive to since I was flying in Asia, from Jakarta to Hong Kong but used 15:00 local as my start time?thanks.
not really sensitive about any time. i was curious about when the sim was paused, and rc might not be able to handle being paused at 23:50, and waking up at 00:10. it was just a curiosity.jd