Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

Captain Sim 707 1.1 out and WOW

Friends, the Captain Sim 707 is out with the 1.1 version as of today, with new liveries, models, a perfectly working doppler nav system and an INS to boot (which I haven't tried yet). I just finished my first test flight of the new version and had a lot of fun with this impressive bird. I'll post any problems I run across, but so far so great.

Looks great, but the cost is prohibitive, IMO. I'd love to have it though, I just don't have the desire to spend so much right now. lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

A masterpiece of just in time production :Big Grin:Great change list and finally some other model and liveries. Value increased, surely nice bird. Thumbs up for the company.

Looks great, but the cost is prohibitive, IMO.
Ditto.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I double this sentence, but point it towards another aircraft in my hangar, staying there because update 5 or so still won't make it a good buy but that's just a side topic.We're talking about a nice and detailed 707 simulation here which is in the price range of other detailed releases. What they did from 1.0 to 1.1 is amazing and while I would have called 1.0 "pricey" 1.1 changed it to "great value" if you like the steamliners (which I do of course).Using "prohibitive" disregards the value on the Captain Sim 707 in my eyes and while others release hyped stuff, they go for a really good plane with great response to customers wishes. Being updated after collecting some issues again shows how it's done. A much worse example can be imagined from the first sentence of this post.There are some companies releasing fine aircraft and Captain Sim is one of them. Sad to often read between the lines that the high prices are only allowed for the big (forum) names in the business. Open minded people welcome. Get rid of some viral marketing.

I love my C-130X, and the 757 Pro has been good to me.. Going to have to wait it out and see what other people say about this update 1.1. I have been watching videos of this bird in action on your tube and the detail of it is stunning. For me though it is coming down to buying the 707, or getting other upcoming products that will be in a similar price range.

Sounds good. I just stumbled upon this "prohibitive" word and wanted to offend nobody thinking about a surely high investment spoken in flight sim terms. I think I'm fighting a bit against the big names in the business (although I own their products) and the forum mentality towards them, letting no other good names come up too far (or to "pricey" as some might say).For me, there might be one flaw still present in 1.1 but I'll have to figure out if the error comes from the user or the plane (I tend to user :( ).What still impresses me after having e. g. the 767 from the beginning on (which was a huge frameeater): The performance is absolutely no problem on this bird. Even with the new 1.1 cabin enabled (nice work too) and all those little steam gauges working, I can't see any impact like I would on the first 767 releases from CS. If you can run the 727 (which everyone should, even on small systems), the 707 will do fine.The gauge update rate, an important thing especially on the needle driven items, is perfectly fluent and the visuals and atmosphere of the whole flight deck are great too.The sounds, a problem on the first 727 releases, are well done too. Every button is working, every switch has a sound.Haven't had such an immersion since that fine Concorde in FSX.

Still don't understand how a developer is releasing a 60 euros 707 simulation with NO Vref tables... rolleyes.gifHow are we supposed to fly it??I can't operate a sim without knowing the right speed/number/settings/etc... And I really wonder how you guys do it...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Been using this one http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=miscmisc&DLID=16528 and I still doubt that everyone around would use tables even if available. The could have included them, agreed. At least rough numbers would fit here.Some other dev (I think you know which one I'm talking about) released tools for their "tabled" stuff to avoid setting up bugs and limits. So it seems to me that this item isn't bound on prices but on virtual pilots minds and their ability to fill gaps :rolleyes:And of course I hope you don't miss the performance data on the PMDG MD11 too. I found the web very useful in such cases.

Aaaaahhh! Finally some 707 tables... Goos stuff... Thanks a lot CoolP... And YES I think these should be included. rolleyes.gifAnd with the "other dev" tool [yes I know wich one you're talking about... ;-] at least you have something to set your TO speeds "correctly" included in the package...

I double this sentence, but point it towards another aircraft in my hangar, staying there because update 5 or so still won't make it a good buy but that's just a side topic.We're talking about a nice and detailed 707 simulation here which is in the price range of other detailed releases. What they did from 1.0 to 1.1 is amazing and while I would have called 1.0 "pricey" 1.1 changed it to "great value" if you like the steamliners (which I do of course).Using "prohibitive" disregards the value on the Captain Sim 707 in my eyes and while others release hyped stuff, they go for a really good plane with great response to customers wishes. Being updated after collecting some issues again shows how it's done. A much worse example can be imagined from the first sentence of this post.There are some companies releasing fine aircraft and Captain Sim is one of them. Sad to often read between the lines that the high prices are only allowed for the big (forum) names in the business. Open minded people welcome. Get rid of some viral marketing.
What is it about 1.1 that makes the 707 at $80+ a "great value"? Is it the fact that it is the only one available?It looks like a real nice aircraft, but I don't see what warrants that high of a cost.Am I missing something?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Am I missing something?
Nope... It's clearly expensive.