Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

FS2004: sensational discovery!

Guest dogknot

MeatWater, Can the link be changed for the 'flight planner'? It is the only link that negates the forward/back buttons and address bar.

One more thing to add....Please ignore this if you know already.To change the flight briefing, available from the kneeboard, just create an *.HTM file that is named the same and located with your saved flights.For example, if we have a flight named "My Test Flight", then in your "My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files" folder you will have the following files:"My Test Flight.FLT" which contains the flight specifications"My Test Flight.WX" contains the weather for the flightif you add"My Test Flight.HTM" then that HTM file will be displayed in the Kneeboard Briefing when the flight is loaded.I like to put links in this HTML file to a page that contains information for the destination airport (especially airport diagrams).Very useful information for me.Cheers,Allen

>> MeatWater,>> Can the link be changed for the 'flight planner'? It is the>only link that negates the forward/back buttons and address>bar.Sure! Check the tutorials at the VPN Website, www.vpncentral.ch.vu-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

Allen i added your tutorial to the VPN Website, in case you disagree let me knowwww.vpncentral.ch.vu-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Hi Guys,FYI ... several of us on the FSflightmax/FSgarmin forum earlier this year "captured" the urls for the radar images that NOAA provides when you visit and ask for a particual radar map. By using the url that the team documented, you only get the image and none of the text. Makes a nicer display. I had a hd crash since then and have not revisited the forum or asked for a fresh file, but I am sure the data can be made available to all. "The Team" was/is near a moving radar map using the FSGarmin530 interface. The program besides being a moving map would load the correct NOAA radar data based upon aircraft location, checking every couple of minutes for the need of a new map and the availability of a new image.The data link urls that the team documented are updated by NOAA about every eight minutes so you can have the same current data being used by the ???? systems that are just coming into production for the real GA folks via sat' downlink into the newest Garmins.Gee, what more can we "want for"? ;-)One of hundreds now, THREE CHEERS and THANKS! for sharing the serendipity find. They are "count" the same, regardless of how they are "found". ;-)Regards,BobS

The link below could be utilized in the VPNmaybe some would find that usefull as it is a very good database for whats happening in the Weather WorldGood for Storm Freaks and Wild Weather buffshttp://www.awfulweather.com/Cheers GregNew Zealand

Forgive my ignorance.But with the recent spat of worms and such.Just want to make sure, that the security, and privacy settings are not going to be comprised when using this feature.Anybody check on this yet??Another thing, is firewalls, you have it set so that FS9 can access its weather site, is this browser now working through FSim now, thereby bypassing your Firewall?(if set for this that is)virus scanners? We all heard that a virus scanner while running FS9 effects FPS, now with the option of surfing the web, are we turning on our scanners?Now we have access through FSim, to our computers, what type of security is in place, too stop a hacker from accessing your computer through this open ended(if in fact it is open ended) browserLets check on this.Lets make SURE that this inflight browser is not exposing our computers to u know who?Strikes me as odd, that microsoft would not even mention this feature, at all anywhere.Almost as if, they are afraid of it, maybe like a liability thing.They didnt mention it,so," it was an oversight, sorry for the 1,000 of computers hacked and destroyed from virus's and hackers here's the patch" = not liableNah Microsoft would NEVER do something as irresponsible as this, just me being paranoid:-spacecraft It is a great find, dont get me wrong, but i havent seen anybody address this issue yet.

As long as you have a firewall, you should be fine. Your computer still communicates with the web the same way via your modem/dial-up connection. This is just a different way to VIEW the web.

Eric 

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Been following all this with some interest. Particularly like the idea of kneeboard links to mp3s, et al., however (yeah, there always has to be one gain sayer :( ) think I will stick with Sim Widgets freeware FS Browser as my choice of cockpit online reader. Great looking hand-held interface; and no messy html editing required, as FS Browser simply reads your own IE Favorites folder (and, more importantly, cookies) and allows complete access to newsgroups (even logging in, which seemed to be a problem with the latest version of vpn13). YMMV, of course.Just my tu'penneth worth.

Guest OneTinSoldier

If I'm not mistaken all this is, is a front-end to your Internet Explorer within the kneeboard in FS. So, whatever settings you have in IE will be the settings you use when you use this function in the kneeboard. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.As for me, I ALWAYS leave my Norton Anti-virus scanner(automatic program watcher) and my Nortons Personal Firewall 2003 running, always. I may just be lucky in that my system is fairly powerful, but 'I' sure don't see an FPS issue with having them running at all times.Jim

Guest Len

>think I will stick with Sim Widgets freeware FS Browser as my choice of cockpit onlineIs it freeware yet? I thought ActiveSky purchased them and it WOULD become freeware?

I'm sorry, but I'm not a programmer and I don't understand this suggested fix for Geofa's problem viewing Acrobat files. Can anyone give me some further detail about what MeatWater is referring to. I assume he's talking about the html code in his kneeboard_keys.htm, but I'm really not sure, and if I have the right file to alter, I don't underestand what the alteration is. Thanks.>Important note about displaying Adobe Acrobat content:>>Setting the target to _self should solve the problem.>>------------------->MeatWater>Professional Audio 4 Entertainment>www.meatwater.com

Guest Len

No downloads yet on that site from Sim Widgets!