Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

FS2004: sensational discovery!

Guest emergency_pants

Hi there... wow.. nice discovery, man!! I'll definitely be checking that one out! It might be possible to link to online charts and all sorts!The name Meatwater rings a bell. Did you do some sound packs for EAW?Cheers,Simon.

Yep, that's me with the EAW SoundPackNice people still recall that, and I might have only just opened another niiiice can o' worms :)-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

Guest Lobaeux4

This could serve as a pseudo-weather radar as well I'm imagining. I'm picturing flying online, calling up a weather radar, of sorts on html, and then diverting around using the kneeboard.Wow, I've got to try this out.Lobaeux

Guest GabrielR

yes! Checking the forum while crusing FL350!!

yep nice reminds me of FS Browser a free tool, which does the same thing from from Keith Kile (Simulation Widgets now aquired by HiFi), and alread avaliable for those having Weather Center 2.3.0 for FS2004, but soon to be released for everybody as far as I know (Damian??)

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest orocketman

This opens up the door to something much larger I believe. This gives VATSIM the ability to do instruction changes inflight via e-mail just like the FANS datalink on the major models (from A340 to 717). This is a major breakthrough in what flight simulator can do. I see this as being (even) bigger than our ability to add and adjust AI traffic. The possibilities are endless for this capability. VAs can have op centers, in flight connexion by Boeing is possible, weather, routing, approaches, airline information, gate information. This is really a major step forward. I look forward to seeing what the FS community has to offer in this new realm.My two cents,Jonathan

Guest moomox

Very nice find! I know what i'm doing after work :-jumpy

I assume also in the individual aircraft folders are also _check, and _ref html files. These could also be replaced for instance with scanned charts-perhaps a vfr and an ifr one?Web browsing for live weather and a couple charts....By the way works great! Thanks for the idea! See pict below:http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Maybe avsim could reactivate their irc client for some in-flight chatting...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Ok, this is awesome...but I have a question...what if I want to change the current web page, that instead of opening on noaa, it opens on *www.google.com* for example.Thanks!!!

Go to Google.com. Right click, select View Source. A file will open in html. Select all and copy it. Now right click the kneeboard_keys file, select open with, then notepad. Select all, paste from the google html. Voila. Works awesome.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest cast1010

You can easily do that my compatriot Emilio. For example, I just created (using Word) a new kneeboard_keys file with only a bunch of links to the websites I frequently visit.I can now check weather, charts, forums, hotmail, etc. Now if I can only find the way to see stream live video.Thank you very much MeatWater for a very useful tip.Carlos.