Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

FS2004: sensational discovery!

Yeah, Google.com doesn't seem to work anyway. Not an HTML expert so I don't know why. Yahoo does however. It would be cool if VA's could set up some sort of ACARS with this.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest daveg4otu

This is fantastic.I've got Yahoo up on it and via Yahoo came back to here.Now if someone can tell us how to add an address bar to the kneeboard,browsing while flying becomes a reality.Dave

Guest daveg4otu

Just to see if I could ,I just downloaded a file(the Dc-3 Panel) from the File Library at the same time as flying - no problem at all.It is probably easier to manage that when you have a second monitor (as I have) as manipulating the download doesn't interfere with FS.The possibilities here are endless!!Dave

Carlos compatriota!!!How do u that? Add different links via Word...Thanks...

Guest cast1010

Just go to your FS2004/Aircraft folder and find the file named kneeboard_keys.Right click on the file and then choose Open With --> Microsoft Word.You'll now be on Word, delete everything you find on the original file and then type as many web addresses as you want...like this:http://www.avsim.nethttp://www.hotmail.cometc.etc.etc.Save the file as usual (clicking on the floppy disk icon on the top menu of word, or using the menu File-->Save)Voila!, now all you have to do is click on the link of the webpage you want to use (inside FS2004 with the kneeboard up). To go back to your "initial page" (the one with the links) just click on any other option within the kneeboard and then click again on the "A" button.Carlos.

Hello, I have been trying to get this thing working but so far I havent been able, I put the zip file in my AIRCRAFT folder, and I opened the kneeboard, but after that I have no clue about what to do, can someone help me? Thanks, Javier Gonzalez. CEO Aserca Airlines Virtual http://www.asercavirtual.com Toronto, ON. Canada

>Hi Geofa,> "I assume also in the individual aircraft folders are also>_check, and _ref html files. These could also be replaced for>instance with scanned charts-perhaps a vfr and an ifr one?>>>>>Yes it works!!It works, and I already see aircraft developers include special versions of their manuals to be used in flight!-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

>> Hello, I have been trying to get this thing working but so>far I havent been able, I put the zip file in my AIRCRAFT>folder, and I opened the kneeboard, but after that I have no>clue about what to do, can someone help me?You have to EXTRACT the zipfile into that folder, exchanging the existing kneeboard_keys.htm with this new oneNOTE: here's a NEW replacement file I found over at a German board (taxiway.de), it's great, check it out-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.comhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/34800.zip

Guest Mark02

WOW! Looks gr8 :DJus 2 questions, (while i am waiten 2 buy FS2004) :-hah1. Is there a way 2 make this work in FS2002 aswell?2. When u open the kneeboard up in FS2004 does the sim pause or remain unpaused?ThanksMark

Guest LLgaz

Hi,Amazing find.I'm gonna be doing a flight KPHX to KEWR in a while. I created a bunch of links in Word for the PMDG NG Ref. file (PMDG doesn't include one). The links are to all my {relevant} SIDS for KPHX and the STAR I'll be using at KEWR together with the IAPs for the runways. Now I just open the kneeboard and click on the one I want to use.ALT TAB may soon be a thing of the past when in Full screen mode...hehehe.AnthonyPS: The KneeBoard keys file links me to Weather.com where I can view Winds aloft charts, etc. while in flight.

Guest Lobaeux4

Might be my ATI card, but when I scrolled down to check a TAF with the kneeboard, it got all fuzzy. Only cleared up when I closed the kneeboard. Plus, I got the "flashing" as well whenever I opened the kneeboard or closed it, you know, the black screen, then back. Just annoying, definetly not a showstopper.