Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

FS2004: sensational discovery!

I will probably eventually move it to the library, but not until I work out some of the bugs and add the functionality I want.-Smitty

Guest Len

Great adaptations guys. For all those who like to fly in Canada insert the following in the Nav.html file. You have to right click the file after opening it to view the source. Insert the following in whichever category you want:Canadian WeatherSave it. It's a great site. Includes a complete aviation weather source including map updates for IFR, VFR flying.

Guest dogknot

Thanks Len, that worked out great for flying Canada.

Guest dogknot

This Virtual Pilot Network Central webpage is great! Did the painless download, installed to the aircraft folder and everything is at my fingertips via the kneeboard. This is really awesome!

Erm ,I am just remembering the FS98, in which there was an airport facility data base or something like that. Does this still exist in FS9 too? As I think it is nor very helpful ot have access to real world airport data via the net, if half of the freq's shown there don't work in the sim, as they simply don't exist.If we still have such database, is it accessable via the kneeboard too? Or can you freaky smart guys make it accessable? I am just too much a noob regarding html, otherwise I would try to realise this...So farMatutinEDIT: How can one access Approach charts or ILS procedures via the board? Is this possible? So I don't have to print them out any more or get to my Jeppesen Software.

I have fixed just a couple little issues with the original vpn file. You can now browse your computer by entering in a path into the address bar (i.e., c: or d:/fs2004). If you select 'Browse...' from the Quick Navigation drop down, you will begin browsing in the FS2004 folder. I also fixed a problem when entering links without http:// at the first.Download at http://129.123.17.148/acropolis/vpn.zip and unzip to your aircraft folder.Feedback is appreciated.If you'd like to create your own entries to the Quick Navigation, just open nav.htm in a text editor. Find all of the lines and add/edit a line to add the page you want - Your page description-Smitty

Pavoo and Ernie, It`s not only IE minibrowser at all, you don`t know how IE works and the capability, this is why you are thinking like this, we can have all many utility now inside fs2004 if you understand how IE is capable, did you know that`s you can almost do it everything with IE, could make fuel planners, airport information programs, weather, etc..ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Again-great stuff!-thanks!!Only thing I have noticed so far is that in full screen mode vs. windowed that anything that calls adobe will cause the sim to minimize and the browser to close. It works fine if you run it in windowed first-get your info-then switch back to full screen.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=80489&page=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/Geofdog2.jpg

Guest Ron Freimuth

>I did some tests and it has support for JavaScript. A JS>programmer could make fuel planners, airport information>programs, etc. with that. I'll dabble around with that>tonight...> One should be able to LINK to apps and probably exe's from an HTML file accessed by FS9. Further, I'd think one could link to an html WEB URL file. Clicking on the address would bring it up. One could link folders on his HD. Ron

Smitty, could you please email me the file when you update something? That way it would be easier for me to keep in track with the latest additions. My email is meatwater@web.deAnd to all, I have updatet the VPN Website once more with Smitties latest additions.Please note that the VPN Content File you download at the website includes also a special startscreen plus a page with extended weather data links.I hope Smitty this is alright with you, let me know in case it's not.Also I'd like to add your name and email adress to the website.www.vpncentral.ch.vu-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

Guest Robert J

AMEN - AMEN - AMEN. Hang tight my friend, there will always be those that know it all. I appreciate what you have done and what you're doing!!! So, THANKS MeatWaterRobert J

Guest DannyBoy

This is such a great & usefull find. All you HTML guys, let your imagination go and have fun. I am HTML illiterate, so it's in your hands.. :-roll Danny

Thanks for the bouquet man but I did nothing than testing around. It was rather coincidence than wisdom ;)I think we should thank those who are taking the ideas further like Smitty. If this idea falls into the right hands, it's sure gonna rock and roll.-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com

Important note about displaying Adobe Acrobat content:Setting the target to _self should solve the problem.-------------------MeatWaterProfessional Audio 4 Entertainmentwww.meatwater.com