Sign in to follow this  
Guest DooRoo

CPU at 100% most of the time

Guest hermes

Hi all,when running XP/FS2002, CPU use is at 100% most of the time (is this normal), and sometimes FS freeze;memory use is at about 300Mo (I have 630)AMD 2400need help please

Guest Rafael Cervera

I had a similar problem. After much troubleshooting (including new video card and new sound card) the problem was tracked down to RAM. I had two modules (one of 256 megs and one of 512 megs = 768) and one module was not compatible with the other. All my other applications would run fine (Autocad, Photoshop) and most of time MSFS would run great; only when I wanted to use certain aircraft or scenery did PC freeze. So one day I moved BIOS RAM from 266 to 200 and guess what! no more freezees.:0Then I tried each RAM stick separetely at 266 and guess what: one works fine and the other doesnt (at 266). So now I have 512 megs RAM at 266 speed until I buy another EXACTLY THE SAME. FS2K2 runs great with max detail and FPS 30-60.Hope this solves your problem. BTW, FS2K2 runs CPU 100% in my PC also!

Guest Fortress

100% usage here too. Glad acually - nice to know I'm getting full use from my CPU :-)Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest hermes

1. thank you for all responses2. CPU 100% OK3. I had 1x256 RAM + 2x128 RAM until a few days with freezing ; I bought 2x256 new and I use now 2x256 + 1x128 = 640 with freezing again ; only 128 is an older one, the 2x256 are new and identical; 4. According to my motherboard it's PC133 RAM5. of course removed SB Live, use directX 9.b, updated drivers (video and via AC'97), using enditall to unload unecessary programs...6. freezing occurs with different planes, not all, and in different countries.7. no freezing when running other programs than fs2002---a. I'll try using only my new RAM.b. then if necessary see if a fresh install (fs2004 soon, I hope) may resolve, then if OK install carefully addons planes, panels, sceneries and modules.

Guest DooRoo

Hi guys,Quick lesson in Game Programming 101 : If you go low-level into the code of any game, this is what happens in a nutshell ... I'll write the code in english so you guys understand ...while(The_Game_Is_Running) dobegin ApplyPhysicsToAircraft; RenderScenery; UpdateGaugesend;As you can see, this little routine will keep on executing until you exit the game ... hence the 100% CPU usage ...Hope this makes senseDooRoo