Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSidewinder

FS2004 Stuttering and FSMETEO 5.1

Hi Folks!Has anyone found a fix for this one yet? I get a very short stutter about every 10-15 seconds. Using the FS2004 weather, I get no stutters. I am contemplating upgrading to version 6.2, but don't want to spend the bucks to upgrade if someone has a fix. FSMETEO is a great program, I have used it for a long time, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good weather program.Thanks for any ideas!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

I'm with you, Airbus. I've got all my pauses corrected but suffered from the stutters everytime FSMeteo6.01 updated the weather. You hear a "ding" and then the pronounced stutters begin. 2 sec stutter, run for 5, 2 sec stutter, run for 5, 2 sec...... I get 5 stutters every time FSMeteo updated the weather. The more clouds the more the number of stutters. I thought that the weather would be smoother in its transitions in FS9. (I do have FSUIPC 3.06 Payware -- or is it 05? whichever is the newest one). The weather transitions are not subtle at all. I was flying towards Honolulu in apparent cloudless skies when BAM the stutters began and there were all kinds of clouds. The stutters only lasted about 10-15 seconds overall and were obviously from the weather update. BTW, I had the visual distance set at 60 mi (minimum), the cloud draw distance at 40 miles, and the 3D% at 100%....

You may want to wait for ActiveSky "The next version".I understand that it may also include weather radar in a true guage file, so that it can be dropped into any panel.I have both, but will wait before considering an $18 upgrade for FSMeteo V6.By the way, I did enjoy FSMeteo for some time, and it is currently ahead of the power curve, in terms of FS2004.Wilson

Guest TheSidewinder

It's been posted a few places: UN-check the box labeled "Render to Texture" in the settings->video->hardware page (not sure of exact path as I write this) and the flashing will go away. This may become a permanent fix, but I hope a future update will fix the problem. I use FS_METEO myself, but am told the same problem happens with ActiveSky. It's *not* an FSUIPC problem, however.Mark