Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stanner1953

FS 2004 GPS Where is ETE for Entire Flight?

How do I find the estimated time enroute (ETE) for the entire flightwhen using the GPS for a flight plan? FS2002 gave you the estimate time enroute for the next waypoint and ALSO for the ENTIRE FLIGHT route. I can find the ETE in FS2004 GPS to the next waypoint, but I cannot seem to find the ETE for the remaninder of the flight as per the flight plan. Is this information avaliable, and if yes, how do I find it?Thanks.Stanner

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you have filed a flight plan you will have many waypoints, the cumulative of which is displayed in the kneeboard under flight path, that zig zag line icon, gives your total time enroute and total miles and gas consumption according to the a/c loaded when you loaded the plan, whether it was previously generated/saved using a different a/c or not.Of course, if you only have a direct, one waypony, it in on the GPS, and you prob dont have a flight plan.Allen

>How do I find the estimated time enroute (ETE) for the entire>flight>when using the GPS for a flight plan? FS2002 gave you the>estimate time enroute for the next waypoint and ALSO for the>ENTIRE FLIGHT route.This is in fact a very fair question. I was wondering myself. I assume you are relating to the Garmin GNS530 unit. I could not find the cumulative ETE myself. Maybe it is in the planning or fligt pages - we have to dig deeper. If I return home I will try to see if I can find it somewhere. There is also a chance it may not be there.Maybe someone who knows will chime in. Again, this is about the GNS530, not some built in FS functionalty.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Allen,I know the flight plan shows the total miles remaining after each way point, the time between waypoints, and the esttimated total ETE for the entire route. However, my question is the ETE remaining after each waypoint as you fly the route. In FS2002 this was always given.Remember that you may be flying faster or slower than anticipated in the original flight plan, so I would like a reading at any point in time what the ETE remaining is. In FS2004 I can find only the cumulative miles remaining, but not the corresponding time to fly these miles considering the actual current airspeed.Thanks Stanner